High Priestess -- 6

Ocean Bliss

Here is what I got...

Temperance: 23 card pile
The Magician: On its own
The Empress: 8 card pile
The High Priestess: 4 card pile
The Hermit: 39 card pile

My primary type is the alchemist, which is fitting seeing how I use numerous decks and various techniques. The difficult aspect of this is knowing which ones to use when.

The interpreter is next but it is clearly the weakest so it is obvious that this is where I need the greatest improvement. It raises the question as to how I can build upon what is already there? How can I glean strategies and plans from the cards in addition to simply just being flexible in readings?

Third is the healer, another not so strong type at only 8 cards. It shows that I find health and well-being hard. In all honesty I'm not too good with other people's personal problems. I can do quick readings but when it comes to healing, that would be hard on the grounds that I would probably choke or freeze up in panic, not really knowing what to do.

The mystic is next and at only 4 cards it is another weak one. The problem is that I tend to separate different aspects of life into compartments in my attempts to be clear and organized in my thinking. I tend to suffer from mental burnout if I get too much information at once.

Lastly is the teacher, who takes up half the deck. I think this pile would point to be greatest strength at an unconscious level- to ask questions and to look at other avenues to explore. I do have a lot of knowledge at my disposal and I can give it out freely. However because this pile is so large, I wonder if that's too much of a good thing.

Three cards were left over from this; Ace of Swords, The Star and 8 of Wands. I'm guessing that these three show that my strongest readings are quick and to the point with more logic to them than intuition.

In conclusion I guess that while I do tend to blend different reading styles together, the logical side comes more easily than the emotional side.

Second opinions welcome.

Angels27

Here is what I got...

Temperance: 23 card pile
The Magician: On its own
The Empress: 8 card pile
The High Priestess: 4 card pile
The Hermit: 39 card pile

The mystic is next and at only 4 cards it is another weak one. The problem is that I tend to separate different aspects of life into compartments in my attempts to be clear and organized in my thinking. I tend to suffer from mental burnout if I get too much information at once.

Second opinions welcome.

Ocean Bliss, I totally get having to separate things to try and not go on overload with info.

Although this thread is somewhat old I do hope I get some insight on this reading. I was intrigued and tried it out just now. Here's what I got from what I pulled first

1. Hermit: 4th card
2. High Priestess: 17th card
3. Magician:11th card
4. Empress: 24th card
5. Temperance: 21st card

By nature I am a teacher, healer and mystic (or so I think of myself) which makes sense since it looks like I am all over the place in this reading. Although I love to teach, it seems im quite low on teaching abilities. My teaching is probably my biggest strength but its way underdeveloped and I should probably put some effort to get it to grow.

I agree with half of the mystic description, especially having a person code of ethics and continuously searching for my spirituality. I believe that in order to help others I need truly know myself first. But I definitely only keep "feel-good readings" to myself and not to minimize others feelings.

I am also low on the Magician and since I am in no means experienced or professional reader, I can understand that there is some knowledge I still have to seek.

For the Empress card, I thought it would come up first since this is what draws me to people: problems and helping. I got the most cards from it but its at the lowest of the pile. I guess it can mean its one of my biggest strengths but I do not rely on it as often as I should? Either way I need to work on my communication because even when I feel the need to help and nurture and guide people sometimes I come off as quiet, reserved and uncaring.

Finally is Temperance the Alchemist. Good number of cards which shows me I am well balanced but its the last one to appear which also tells me that I do not yet know how to balance that balance. If that makes sense. I may try to lean on mostly one where I should try and use all. Not sure

I had one last card standing and it was 3 of swords. I think this means that in reading in general I get worried and scared of doing things wrong. It might be hurting me more than what I think. Any thoughts??

Nickigirl

This is neat!
I got the following:

8 cards under The High Priestess
21 cards under Temperance
25 cards under Empress
13 cards under The Hermit
0 cards under The Magician
6 cards left over

When I read the descriptions, I thought for sure the Healer would be my first card, to finding the High Priestess was interesting, and except for the Magician, The High Priestess is my most undeveloped facet.
In fact, my Empress came in the 3rd position, but with the most cards beneath it.
Temperance was 2nd, with nearly as many cards underneath it.
This seems to mean that I am pretty developed as a Healer and Alchemist, but need more work as Mystic, though it may be my best innate talent? Interesting!

The Magician is the last in the spread and has not a single card under it. This is my least developed and least important personality facet, and reading the description, that's right on. It doesn't sound like me at all, and I don't even feel any pull to try to be more like that.
And the hermit is 2nd last with only 13 cards beneath it. Again, a facet not that important to me and they way I read.

Very cool spread. Thanks for bringing this thread back up again!

geoxena

1. Teacher = Hermit
2. Interpreter = Magician
3. Healer = Empress
4. Mystic = High Priestess
5. Alchemist = Temperance

The instructions for interpreting are a little confusing to me, so I'll just post what I got:

High Priestess - 1 card under it
Temperance - 33 cards under it
Empress - 0 cards under it
Magician - 13 cards under it
Hermit - 19 cards under it
7 cards left over

Marcus R

I've only been reading for about two months, so not sure if the cards can read me yet, but this is what I got....

1..Magician / Interpreter..15
2..Temperance / Alchemist..41
3..Empress / Healer..14
4..High Priestess / Mystic..5
5..Hermit / Teacher..1

This tends to feel right for me.

philotes

I haven't started professionally reading yet, but I thought this was really interesting.

I came out with:
High Priestess-20
Temperance-5
The Empress-14
The Hermit-15
The Magician-11

Without even doing the spread, I had immediately identified with the High Priestess so I wasn't surprised when not only it was pulled first but also had the highest amount of cards. And get this, I really do have an amethyst, two candles, and a tarot playlist for when I do my readings. Spooky.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but perhaps you could use the last card of what's leftover as a clarification or theme card? Mine was Death.

Ruud

Temperance, card 1. Alchemist.
Mage, card 2. Interpreter.
King of Cups, card 3... :)

Not surprised. Did not read further.

Kgirl

I am primarily a Magician followed by the Empress. I think this is pretty spot on actually.

Tanga

Thanks for this one Amanda (plus the book reference).
I read your post, thought "well ofcourse I'm primarily a healer"
Did the spread and got primarily a healer.
(I am a healer by trade - a lymphoedema therapist with various complimentary therapy strings to my bow).

Hmm - some food for thought. :)

Healer (Empress) 24
Interpreter (Magician) 6
Alchemist (Temperance) 7
Teacher (Hermit) 10
Mystic (Priestess) 26