Reziel Tarot Arcana Pollack/Place

Luna's Crone

I got the Reziel Tarot today. and it is really nice deck. It has two extra cards, the tree of knowledge and the tree of life.

It is has the gold on the sides. and they don't really stick so that is quite nice. It is a very well made deck!

But i took pix of the four most interesting cards.

the fool, who i think is joseph with the coat of many colors

the devel who is the angle Lucifer, so quite appropriate

and the two trees.

the way i took the pictures makes them look darker on the bottom but they aren't. and the colors are much nicer and the cards are lighter overall.

Attachments

• fool.jpg
    fool.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 228
  • devil.jpg
    devil.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 221
  • treeknowledge.jpg
    treeknowledge.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 216
  • rezieltreelife.jpg
    rezieltreelife.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 213

Falcor

What a nice looking deck. I like this drawing style.

Nemia

It's a great deck, but many of Robert Place's decks can only be ordered from his site, and his shipping costs are very high. That's a real pity because that deck looks so interesting and intelligent. Place and Pollack are a tarot dream team. I love every Place deck and every Pollack book that ever came my way.

I can only hope that one day, there'll be a mass market edition that I can order via Book Depository....

PS - the Tree of Life is wonderful. You can see Daath - it's there but it's not there.

MissChiff

Is this deck a major arcana deck or is it. 78 card deck?...

Luna's Crone

It's a great deck, but many of Robert Place's decks can only be ordered from his site, and his shipping costs are very high. That's a real pity because that deck looks so interesting and intelligent. Place and Pollack are a tarot dream team. I love every Place deck and every Pollack book that ever came my way.

I can only hope that one day, there'll be a mass market edition that I can order via Book Depository....

PS - the Tree of Life is wonderful. You can see Daath - it's there but it's not there.

Well I think its more Pollack's because she help design the deck and wrote the book. Also she is the one sending them out. what is Daath?

There are plans for a minor arcana, if its done, i hope its not pips.

Luna's Crone

Is this deck a major arcana deck or is it. 78 card deck?...

major, i think they are working on a minor. Because kickstarter folks will get a discount on the minors. or was it the other one, indigo???

Nemia

Well I think its more Pollack's because she help design the deck and wrote the book. Also she is the one sending them out. what is Daath?

There are plans for a minor arcana, if its done, i hope its not pips.

On the Tree of Life, there are 10 sephiroth that symbolize the stages of creation - from the divine crown down to the kingdom of the material world. You can see them on Place's picture. There is one hidden eleventh sephira, Daath, which appears in his illustration as star of leaves, i.e., it's there but not there.

The sephiroth don't only symbolize how the whole world came into being, from top to bottom, but if you read it from bottom to top, you have the stages of consciousness we can hope to reach. That's the whole point of the Kabbalah, and this deck is steeped with it - Raziel means "God's secrets" or "my secret is God". It's based on the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) and the Kabbalah.

Rachel Pollack wrote a book about the kabbalah which I bought in the hope of understanding something, anything about it. In the end, it was a book by Milo DuQuette that opened the Kabbalah up a bit for me, I'm still far from versed in it. And once I understood the basics, I could appreciate Pollack's book better. It comes with a Haindl poster of the Tree of Life, very beautiful but difficult to understand. But take my explanations with a table spoon of salt, I'm absolutely no expert.

Place's only pip deck, far as I know, is the Angel Tarot (where the Hebrew names of angels appear already in the majors, this seems to be a long-time interest of his). All his later decks, far as I know, are fully illustrated. I have the Angels, Saints and Alchemical, and they're all gorgeous and the books that go with them are very very clever and scholarly. I also have his "Fool's Journey" and "Tarot. History, Symbolism, and Divination". They're all excellent books.

I'm certain this deck is another brilliant achievement of two brilliant people!

Asher

Came home after work...

And found the Raziel Tarot in my mailbox! What a surprise!

I made myself wait until I finshed some things around the house before allowing myself to open it up. The packaging is exquisite...a magnetic box closure and a ribbon to lift out the deck and book. Not a LWB, either...Rachel has written a 186-page, full length book to accompany the beautiful deck.

Online scans do not do justice to these large cards (6 x 3 1/2 inches and gilded!). They are breathtaking! I am getting ready to wrap myself up in a blanket and read the book this evening.

While this is a Majors-only deck, the minors are being worked on. It will be an amazing creation when it is done!