ROC Oct. 2016 - Michellehihi and Smiling

Fortuna

Michellehihi and Smiling's Thread (Intuitive)

Schedule:
October 16 (Sunday): Complete readings
October 23 (Sunday): Complete feedbacks
**Please note early completion date for Halloween! No penalty if you need the entire month to complete.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

October's Suggested Spread:

The suggested spread for October is the How to be happier in everyday life spread by Saskia. I recommend reading Saskia's blog post on the basis of this spread and why she created it here for more insight.

1 2 3 4 5 6 (Linear)

1. What should I focus more in my everyday life?
2. What should I focus less in my everyday life?
3. What could I focus more in the grand scheme of things?
4. What should I focus less in the grand scheme of things?
5. What new skill would be beneficial for me?
6. What I'm still holding on that doesn't serve me at all?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

Michellehihi

Thank you Fortune for starting the thread!
Smiling, I am happy to be paired with you. I plan to do your reading within a week.

Smiling

Hi! Thank you, and hope to get to yours soon, as well.
I'll be using my Gateway oracle cards, that I'd like to get more familiar with.

Talk soon :)

Michellehihi

Hi! Thank you, and hope to get to yours soon, as well.
I'll be using my Gateway oracle cards, that I'd like to get more familiar with.

Talk soon :)

I have a few oracle decks that you can choose from:
Waterhouse
Earthbound
Connected and free
The little Sage
Loteria cards (mexican traditional cards)
The Answer deck
A deck that I have no idea what it its name, I did not keep the box and there is no clue whatsoever on the cards; let's call it,the suprise deck
Ana cortex playing cards alchemy edition

Michellehihi

I just thought I could give you more options:
I also have Mother Mary Oracle
Vintage wisdom
Wisdom of the oracle
Return of spirit
Universal wisdom
Sacred geometry cards
Life path cards
A'ha oracle
Animal spirit
Arthur rakham
Psycards
Esmeralda gypsy cards
Wolf pack
Tao oracle
Oz oracle

Smiling

Thank you for your offer to choose! I will look through your list today since I'm not familiar with all, and let you know what stands out. :)

ETA: I like the Tao Oracle a lot; seems like a good fit for the spread. Thanks again :thumbsup:

Smiling

Here's your reading, Michelle, using the Gateway Oracle cards and, reading intuitively, I focused more on the card images than the book meanings.

1. What should I focus more in my everyday life?
Exceeding expectations
In this card, there is a figure standing upright with arms wide open, smiling.

The woman in this card is in a position of receptivity, and her arms in this wide open position are all-embracing. What would bring more happiness would be to embrace life wholeheartedly. Perhaps lately you've been holding back a part of yourself, or keeping some part of yourself in reserve or in judgement, either of yourself or others. This says to take in what's around you , and reminds you that you are a participant.

2. What should I focus less in my everyday life?
Coming into power
In this card, a woman is standing in the sun's rays, with her arms at her side.

The woman in this card almost seems to be standing in a spotlight, so this may be confirming the previous card to focus less on self, and more on what's around you. You are already very powerful, so perhaps here the message is to share that power, or acknowledge it in others, and this way you can increase the happiness that you feel in your life.

3. What could I focus more in the grand scheme of things?
Renewing your life
In this card a woman is tossing a box labeled 'clutter' over a cliff.

This seems to be pretty clear! Getting rid of the baggage in your life - either literal or otherwise - would help you to clear a path to greater happiness. Perhaps there are areas of your life that you've neglected to address, and you may be already aware. This is a reminder to get going with it and, in this position, may be important to work on. It may have to do with paperwork, stuff you don't need anymore, or social ties that you have outgrown.

4. What should I focus less in the grand scheme of things?
Dwelling in truth
In this card, a woman's face in on view, with closed eyes, and she floats among clouds.

Here this woman seems to be in her own world, and with her eyes closed, is focused within. Perhaps what needs to be focused on less is feeling attached to your own truth. Even if you're right, there may be important information or connections that you're missing out on by not exploring other people's truths. Letting go of being right may help you to relax and bring more happiness in your life.

5. What new skill would be beneficial for me?
Embracing the future

In this card, a figure walks through an open doorway.

I'm not picking up on a specific new skill here but more of a general attitude shift that may be helpful to consider. Walking through an open doorway is symbolic of fresh starts, new journeys, and exploring new horizons. Have you maybe been reluctant to see how open and vast your choices really are? This is a reminder that it's all accessible to you.

6. What I'm still holding on that doesn't serve me at all?
Making a difference

In this card, a hand is open, stretching to touch a starfish in the ocean.

This is a tricky card to connect to in this position, but looking at the star symbol in connection to the previous cards here, it may have to do with again changing the focus from self. Instead of striving to be the center, or the star, which may have served in the past, it's time to open up some new goals. Perhaps the star reference may have to do with striving towards being the best, or very good in some area of your life, or it may have to do with a focus on your view of the world.

Intuitive: the cards in response to questions having to do with where you should be focusing less both have images of one person in self-focus. So this may be saying that to move towards more happiness in your life, it's time to maybe push outside of yourself and see outside the box, considering what's new and different to you in a different way. Also there's a theme here of striving that may have served you well in the past, but now may be time to relax and let go with focusing on specific results. See what comes your way and be open to the message for you behind it. There may be happy surprises!

Hope this resonates, and looking forward to your feedback. :)

Michellehihi

Your reading

Good evening Smiling!

I am at the very last minute for your reading and I have no reasonable excuse. Forgive me.
I did your reading today with the beautiful Tao oracle, as you suggested. A picture will follow. You will note that my deck is in French. I will translate all the cards for you.

Asking the card "how can Smiling be happier in the everyday life?" I drew the spread.

1- what should you focus more on: excess.

On the card we see a person who is crawling, unable to walk because of the much too heavy weight on her shoulders. Her burden is made of heavy stones and bricks, and not only it is heavy, but it is unstable and threatening to fall at any moment.

Smiling, it is time for you to address this issue in your life: let go of all the burden you are carrying on your shoulder. You are trying to go forward in life but for now, with this burden, you are unable to make any steps forwards (like the person on the card is heading left, towards her past!). So you should focus more on freeing yourself from a burden, be it emotional, physical, or psychological. It will get you exhausted if you don't.

2- what should you focus less on: decrease.

On the card we see a tree that is lettong go of its leaves, in the autumn. This card is actually rephrasing, in other words, the message of the first card. Isn't this amazing?
While you are letting go of your burden, do not worry about what you are letting go. Once it is out of your life, it is dead and useless for you and you have to let it return to the earth, Gaia, and feed the soil as things are meant to be in Nature. This card is telling you to focus less on what you are letting go.

I can give a small example to illustrate my idea: when you decide to give some clothes that you are no longer wearing, you put them in a bag and give them to a charity organism. Then, you stop thinking about it. It would be useless to continue focusing on that dress you let go....you see the point? I think this is what the card tells you.

3- what should you focus more in the grand scheme of things? Accomplishment.

On this card we see a person who is arriving at the finish line of a race, and he is so happy and proud! And people are celebrating his success by throwing confettis at him.

This is what you should focus more on, as a long term goal for your life: stay true to your dream, your plan, even if it is difficult and the result is far away. You will succeed in the long term and will feel a sense of accomplishment. (I really like that this card appeared in this position).

4- what should you focus less on, in the grand schement of things? Dispersion.

Again, I am amazed as how the cards answer to each other!
I feel that this card is linked to the first 2 cards: while making space for you, create lightness and letting go, again, don't focus on what you are dispersing.

It is not a coincidence that on this card, wee, AGAIN, see dead leaves; now they have already fallen and are being dispersed by the wind. A clear message.

5- what new skill would be beneficial for you? Gathering

On the card we see water cascading from rocks and reaching down to a lake, in a forest. The meaning of this powerful image is to assemble your foces with others, unite. Together we are much stronger that alone. You shoudl develop this ability to join your strengths with others, in many aspects: work, family, friendship.

I have an intuitive image coming in my mind: as the water dansing on the rocks makes a nice tinkling sound, just like small bells, you could benefit of singing together with people! Singing could be litterally joining a choir, or it could mean other types of artistic hobbies!

6- what are you still holding on that no longer serves you? Great power.

Haha! I think this message is clear: let go of that attitude of authority and control that you are holding on to. Things have changed, you no longer need to be at you highest powerful self. You can and will maintain your dignity even if you let go of this power. On the card we see a man with a dragon on top of his head. Send the dragon to sleep, for he has finished serving you.

This was your reading. I hope at least some of it makes sense for you in relation to,your life. Please ask me any question you may have!

Michellehihi

Photo of your spread!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 78

Smiling

Thank you Michellehihi! Here's my feedback:

1- what should you focus more on: excess.

On the card we see a person who is crawling, unable to walk because of the much too heavy weight on her shoulders. Her burden is made of heavy stones and bricks, and not only it is heavy, but it is unstable and threatening to fall at any moment.

Smiling, it is time for you to address this issue in your life: let go of all the burden you are carrying on your shoulder. You are trying to go forward in life but for now, with this burden, you are unable to make any steps forwards (like the person on the card is heading left, towards her past!). So you should focus more on freeing yourself from a burden, be it emotional, physical, or psychological. It will get you exhausted if you don't.
I relate this to a couple of projects that I have been slow to finish and, yes, they are somewhat burdensome, since I feel I can't move forward with some other work until I finish these. I know it's time for me to push and complete finally so I can let them go, and it's what I'm currently focused on. :thumbsup:

2- what should you focus less on: decrease.

On the card we see a tree that is lettong go of its leaves, in the autumn. This card is actually rephrasing, in other words, the message of the first card. Isn't this amazing?
While you are letting go of your burden, do not worry about what you are letting go. Once it is out of your life, it is dead and useless for you and you have to let it return to the earth, Gaia, and feed the soil as things are meant to be in Nature. This card is telling you to focus less on what you are letting go.

I can give a small example to illustrate my idea: when you decide to give some clothes that you are no longer wearing, you put them in a bag and give them to a charity organism. Then, you stop thinking about it. It would be useless to continue focusing on that dress you let go....you see the point? I think this is what the card tells you.
This is kind of funny, since for the last few weeks I've been steadily packing up bags and bags of clothes, shoes, etc. that me and my family no longer need, and giving them away to friends, family and charities. I haven't felt a sense of worry about it though -more relief and gratitude that I'm freeing up space and happy that other people can make use of them. :)

3- what should you focus more in the grand scheme of things? Accomplishment.

On this card we see a person who is arriving at the finish line of a race, and he is so happy and proud! And people are celebrating his success by throwing confettis at him.

This is what you should focus more on, as a long term goal for your life: stay true to your dream, your plan, even if it is difficult and the result is far away. You will succeed in the long term and will feel a sense of accomplishment. (I really like that this card appeared in this position).
Agreed that this is nice to hear in this position! I have been lagging with promoting the creative work that I do, and I do have new goals that will help me stay focused on moving my work forward. This is a good reminder to stay on top of this.

4- what should you focus less on, in the grand schement of things? Dispersion.

Again, I am amazed as how the cards answer to each other!
I feel that this card is linked to the first 2 cards: while making space for you, create lightness and letting go, again, don't focus on what you are dispersing.

It is not a coincidence that on this card, wee, AGAIN, see dead leaves; now they have already fallen and are being dispersed by the wind. A clear message.
Yes, again it's been great to have space keep opening up as I give away things that we no longer use, to make space for what we really need.

5- what new skill would be beneficial for you? Gathering

On the card we see water cascading from rocks and reaching down to a lake, in a forest. The meaning of this powerful image is to assemble your foces with others, unite. Together we are much stronger that alone. You shoudl develop this ability to join your strengths with others, in many aspects: work, family, friendship.

I have an intuitive image coming in my mind: as the water dansing on the rocks makes a nice tinkling sound, just like small bells, you could benefit of singing together with people! Singing could be litterally joining a choir, or it could mean other types of artistic hobbies!
Ah artistic work - yes, that's what I do:) and beneficial yes - I always feel good after creating and haven't been doing enough of it lately. I do love music and singing, which helps to keep me inspired.
Also, I recently joined a volunteer group and have been working with some really wonderful people there. And even just literally being around flowing water in nature for me is very rejuvenating. So lots of stuff here fits! :thumbsup:

6- what are you still holding on that no longer serves you? Great power.

Haha! I think this message is clear: let go of that attitude of authority and control that you are holding on to. Things have changed, you no longer need to be at you highest powerful self. You can and will maintain your dignity even if you let go of this power. On the card we see a man with a dragon on top of his head. Send the dragon to sleep, for he has finished serving you.
Recently, I reassessed a career goal of returning back to management work, because I realized my heart belongs more with direct service work with others. So yes, letting go of the so-called power that goes with being in a management position, which actually feels like more of a relief since there was also a lot of drama that came with those types of jobs. Ironically, I've already been asked by the volunteer group I've been working with to take on a leadership role - poetic, really! But by letting go of the attachment to this work, I feel that it will help me be more balanced about the role that I'll be playing, and hopefully help me to be a better leader.

Thanks again, and you brought up some really good points for me to stay focused on!
all the best to you :heart:
smiling :)