Romantic Friend Relationship Reading :)

mardoufox

Hello!
So my best friend is in a relationship, but has hit it off with another person who is also in a relationship. They've both acknowledged their attraction to each other, but know they must keep things platonic yet flirty for the sake of their partners. I did a 5 card spread for them with my World Spirit Deck and this is what I got:

Past: Temperance
Present: 5 of Swords
Hidden: 9 of Wands
Advice: 9 of Pentacles
Outcome: 6 of Cups

Now I felt pretty confident with my interpretation but got stuck on the Advice and Outcome. Temperance suggests in the past the two of them had a more straightforward and balance way of interacting with each other (i.e. no flirting, admitting attraction, etc.) but now they have moved into a sort of realm that most would see as cheating with the 5 of Swords...which suggests a subtle form of infidelity they are involved in. The 9 of Wands shows they are aware of what stands in the way of them ever acting on their attraction/feelings any further but aren't giving up completely. And now I get stumped at the 9 of pents, which I feel like maybe means they should look at the beauty and love they have with their partners already.
And finally, I feel like maybe of the 6 of Cups is saying that while they aren't together now, they may be in the future or just may stay great friends? But the 6 of cups is the most confusing one for me to interpret!

Rachx

Hi there mardoufox,

For me the 9 pentacles is about being on top of your own game - perfectly happy as you are, refined, independent and self contained and with no needs nor wants really. So the advice offered by this card is perhaps to consider where they are and what they have.

The 6 is about friendship but also nostalgia too- I see that they will end up having sweet and fond memories of this time if they follow the advice

mardoufox

Hi there mardoufox,

For me the 9 pentacles is about being on top of your own game - perfectly happy as you are, refined, independent and self contained and with no needs nor wants really. So the advice offered by this card is perhaps to consider where they are and what they have.

The 6 is about friendship but also nostalgia too- I see that they will end up having sweet and fond memories of this time if they follow the advice

Thanks Rach! So similar to my interpretation. Do you think the advice suggests to keep the friendship as well as be aware of what they already have? Or leave it behind?

Rachx

For me the friendship is seen in the outcome if the advice of maintaining ones refinement is taken xxx

Rachx

Basically keep control of themselves!