Rumi Tarot By Nigel Jackson

nisaba

Oh, it's not sticky-sticky, by that I merely meant that when shuffling or thumbing through the deck, the cards are not sliding over each other as easily as they used to do.

nigromancer700

Rumi Tarot

Yes I think this deck is really more orientated toward single-card draws than elaborate spreads - bearing in mind that single-card readings are one of the oldest ways of consulting the tarots. The combination of symbolic image and aphoristic/paraphrastic citations from Mevlana seems to lend itself to single-card readings in this case or smaller readings.

Because as the Sufis say 'The present moment is a sharp sword', the moment of spiritual insight and knowledge cutting through all conventional notions of past, present and future this deck, for myself at least seems to want to speak only of an 'Eternal Present', the Ur-Zeit of the mystics...

Pleased to hear your mother is finding the deck fruitful to work with, Indigo Rose...

Good Wishes to all,
Nigel

nisaba

It *does* make lovely and thoughtful poetry, though, if you draw a number of cards sequentially and only look at the text without any kind of Tarot-based editorial running through your mind. I was being mischievous here, but it still produced a thoughtful and consciousness-altering poem in the spread.

olivia1

is this deck easy to read like the Fenestra? Im really eying this deck since it kind of remind me of the Fenestra but deeper. I just bought the Druidcraft and I decided that I dislike it ( I just cant connect with)

Indigo Rose

nigromancer700 said:
Pleased to hear your mother is finding the deck fruitful to work with, Indigo Rose...

Good Wishes to all,
Nigel

Actually, that was Ashtaroot who said that...but now that you mention it, my mom might like it as well. I'll be keeping it in mind for her, since she has thankfully returned to reading the cards. ;)

I know I am enjoying it very much. :)

PEACE~:heart:~Joy~
IR

nigromancer700

Rumi Tarot

Sorry for my mistake, Indigo Rose and Ashtaroot. I meant that I was pleased Ashtaroot's mother found the deck fruitful and I hope your mother does too Indigo Rose! :) Thanks for the kind comments, I appreciate them.

One weird thing is that I am finding it hard, after the Rumi Tarot, to stop working in that Persian-Turkish-Mughal-inspired oriental style. That seems to be just carrying on...

All the Best,
Nigel

Indigo Rose

nigromancer700 said:
Sorry for my mistake, Indigo Rose and Ashtaroot. I meant that I was pleased Ashtaroot's mother found the deck fruitful and I hope your mother does too Indigo Rose! :) Thanks for the kind comments, I appreciate them.

One weird thing is that I am finding it hard, after the Rumi Tarot, to stop working in that Persian-Turkish-Mughal-inspired oriental style. That seems to be just carrying on...

All the Best,
Nigel

No problem, Nigel. :) As for your work, it sounds like your just in that groove right now. Enjoy! :D

nisaba

olivia1 said:
is this deck easy to read like the Fenestra? Im really eying this deck since it kind of remind me of the Fenestra but deeper. I just bought the Druidcraft and I decided that I dislike it ( I just cant connect with)
I don't find it easy to do conventional readings with, which is a problem when I have clients in front of me.

Where I *do* find it excels, is in offering food for thought: one or more cards pulled are worth serious consideration. I tend not to work off traditional Tarot knowledge with this deck, treating it more as an oracle and looking at the images plus reading the line of poetry. In fact, I consciously avoid as far as possible looking at the Tarot title and thinking ion terms of Tarot, and I find when I do that, it's a wonderful deck.

olivia1

nisaba said:
I don't find it easy to do conventional readings with, which is a problem when I have clients in front of me.

Where I *do* find it excels, is in offering food for thought: one or more cards pulled are worth serious consideration. I tend not to work off traditional Tarot knowledge with this deck, treating it more as an oracle and looking at the images plus reading the line of poetry. In fact, I consciously avoid as far as possible looking at the Tarot title and thinking ion terms of Tarot, and I find when I do that, it's a wonderful deck.

Thank you so much, Nisaba, for being so helpful as always :) I will keep this in mind if I ever feel drawn to this deck again.

Prism

I've started using this deck every day, and I love the paintings and the green color. Surprisingly, I'm finding that I like it more as a regular Tarot deck than anything else. Even though I'm very much a word person (I like poetry!), I wish the cards didn't have the words on them. Maybe it's because I'm relatively new to Tarot and it's just too much to deal with. As a straight-out Tarot deck, though, I love it.