Russian decks

nisaba

I just came in on a discussion where a quality of saturated colour was described as a Russian characteristic.

AFAIK, the only Russian deck I own at this time is the Durer ... scratch that, I just this second realised it was Bulgarian. <<blush>>

Take two. At the moment I don't own any Russian decks - are there any other characteristics of them that seem to be more or less universal? Of the former Soviet states, I'm developing an interest in Estonia at the moment.

Le Fanu

I presume you're talking about decks produced in Russia rather than the "Russian" tarot decks like the Russian tarot of St Petersburg, The Egorov and the Golden Tarot of the Tsar?

Aren't there some Russian bootleg decks? Hanson Roberts and Grizabella has a mini Druid Craft made in Russia...

gregory

Some are VERY saturated..... try this one.

Then again some are very not: look.

What's from Estonia then ????

Wendywu

I wish the Russian decks weren't into such HUGE borders. Sometimes I love the cards but know I'd not use them because of the borders. And if I trimmed them I'd end up with cards the size of matchboxes.....

gregory

Most of them are perfectly normal. That one (the GUM) is RATHER extreme - I just love it rather :)

AJ

where are you finding Russian cards? I'm in a buying mood....

gregory

In my case - I have a Russian contact.....

MysticalMoose

Gordon Bennett! there should be a "WEAR SUNGLASSES" warning before the link to that 1st one!....:bugeyed:

gregory

MysticalMoose said:
Gordon Bennett! there should be a "WEAR SUNGLASSES" warning before the link to that 1st one!....:bugeyed:
Isn't it GORGEOUS ? :D

Nevada

gregory said:
Most of them are perfectly normal. That one (the GUM) is RATHER extreme - I just love it rather :)
Wow, those borders are sure packed with information. I normally don't like wide ones, but at least those serve a valid purpose. :)