Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Touchkoff)

lark

I'm afraid of cheesy laminators too so I haven't done it yet.

Just a little tip about these cards.
When I lay them out I leave them out on the table for awhile.
Because I always find 2 or 3 matches right away...
Then I go away for awhile and come back later and find another match.
Then the next morning maybe another one.
It just seems to be the nature of the cards.
And with each match the answer to your question becomes clearer and clearer.

It also seems to be an oracle that works well with a specific question.
But you can also just say (in a mysterious gypsy voice) "What do you see in my future?".....and it will answer that too. :D

13thFaeChylde

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I've received my Gypsy cards and am in disbelief at how gorgeous they are.
I love each picture, the artwork really speaks to me and is so universal.
And the backs are pretty, too.

I did lay them out, very quickly (I had a phone interview for an online college) and the one picture that I saw was the Star...which I took as a good omen.

The book said to rotate the cards if there were matches nearby (I think), but I didn't want to leave them out with my wild bunch running around, so I put them back up.

I love this deck!! I want to make a bag for it ASAP :D

WyrdRaven

I had seen this deck a million times and passed it by, and then I saw this thread. Suddenly I felt enthused, intrigued and enabled-- I had to have one too. What a great deck this is! I wish I'd gotten it sooner. Has anyone noticed that most (but not all) of a Lenormand deck is contained herein? The images are even listed in the same order (for the most part) in the companion book. There are some name changes: Coffin is Hearse, Whip is Branches, Stork is Heron, Child is Boy and Tower is Castle. Fish and Lady are present, but out of order. There is Firewood instead of Tree, Forest instead of Garden. No Horseman, but a separate image for Cavalier and Horse. There are fifty images in all.
To sum it up for people who are curious about the deck: There are twenty-five cards that are shuffled and laid out in rows of five. Each card has half an image on each frontside of the card, for a total of four half-images on each card. You rotate the cards you've drawn to see if you have any complete images (it takes two adjacent cards to form a complete image). Then the image is interpreted based on which of four possible ways it is pointing. Each image is also associated with a period of influence, so you can ask questions that involve timing. I drew five cards to see what message my new deck had for me. I ended up with the Bear reversed, which can be summed up as, "Don't trust every piece of advice-- including the advice of the cards... trust your own gut reaction." How perfect! I know I am going to spend many happy hours with this deck. I never suspected that it was a Lenormand hybrid!

mingbop

I forgot all about this thread/these cards. I did get them and I loved them - but I didnt love having to lay them out on the floor ! (no table) and so I traded them. I did find them very clear and easy to read, & they give you a wee story.

firefrost

I love these cards. I'm no collector, but this is one set that survived my deck clearouts. I used to use it regularly in threads but it's spent the last few years collecting dust on the shelf.

It was interesting to read lark's post because I never seemed to get many full pictures. Perhaps I didn't give the readings long enough!

I also had to refer to the book a lot, and that was something I wasn't used to doing.

But yes, a lovely set to own and use!

LassTira

Gahh!!

I have been trying to get my claws on this deck for over a year now. I wish I could find it with someone willing to get rid of it...>.> Every time I look online for it, all I find is the book...:mad: Its frustrating. In my area...the don't really sell a lot of things other than "angel oracle therapy cards" and things of that nature..Which I am sure is fine for some people but I want these. I should just cave and take out a personals ad for this deck...

MareSaturni

I got this deck during my trip to Canada, in May. I found it in my last day, in a small esoteric shop lost in Richmond!

And I'm totally in love with it. Not only it's fun, unique and beautiful, but it also gives some great readings. I do have to refer to the book a lot, because I'm just starting my journey with it. But I don't mind. Sometimes using the book helps me to keep my readings objective. :)

The cardstock is a bit on the flimsy side, but as long as you don't shuffle it too violently it holds up alright.

I have done readings for my whole family with it, and they all enjoy helping me to match the pictures.

Of all "gypsy" decks I own, this is for sure my favorite one. I am looking forward to learning it, and maybe one day even mastering it. But for now I'll just enjoying the ride!

Belinda2

LassTira said:
I have been trying to get my claws on this deck for over a year now. I wish I could find it with someone willing to get rid of it...>.> Every time I look online for it, all I find is the book...:mad: Its frustrating. In my area...the don't really sell a lot of things other than "angel oracle therapy cards" and things of that nature..Which I am sure is fine for some people but I want these. I should just cave and take out a personals ad for this deck...
check out ebay that is were I bought mine, they are on there all the time.

DownwardSpiral

LassTira said:

I'm not sure where your located but have you tried Amazon.com? I just checked and it says they're in stock. Also this is listed as Hardcover but unless someone says otherwise these are the cards. I checked the search inside feature and in the contents Part One is how to use the cards and book.

shadowomyn

Overtock.com has it for just under $23.