Russian Tarot of St Petersburg printed in???

Tibor

Hi folks

I bought several copies of this deck hoping to get one printed in China but all the ones I got were printed in Italy. Does anyone own or know of one printed in China. I quite like the Italian glossy card stock but would much prefer the China version.

raeanne

Hi Tibor,
Sorry, my deck was printed in Belgium. Copywright 1992.

Le Fanu

To my knowledge there isn't a printed in China one yet.

I have a Printed in Italy one and also a Printed in Belgium one. I love the deck and I like both editions for different reasons. I like the glossiness of the Italian printing as it reminds me of Russian lacquer work. I even keep my deck in a black & gold Russian lacquered box. However, as with most Printed in Italy decks, if you compare it up close with the Belgian one you see that the printing is inferior. It is noticably more pixelated in some cards.

However, I use my Italian printing one as my carry around spare as it feels more resistant!

Great deck, not much spoken of here, but a wonderful reading deck.

MoonGypsy

Exquisite deck! But as far as i know, [as Le Fanu stated] there are only the earlier printed in Belgium editions; and the later printed in Italy editions. i have had both, but much prefer the Belgium print editions; but then, i usually do.:p :heart:

Tibor

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know there is a Belgian version. I would have loved that version.

Freddie

I lost my Belgium deck somehow, so I bought one for $4.00 off of ebay. It ended up being an Italy deck. It stuck together really bad and had a slight chemical smell. I kept working with the cards and no time it wasn't sticky anymore and the smell went away. Now they just smell fresh and new.

The cards have a cool gloss to them and the colours pop out from the black background. Unlike the Belgium deck, they all appear to be jett black, not with some with an unmatching transparent black finish.

I dislike the other Italy decks by US Games that I have, but this one is just as good, if not better, than the Belgium edition. So if anyone here wants to buy one, I suggest you just do and forget about where it was printed. You can find these really affordable and it is an incredible deck.

I think the images in the egg shape appear bigger and brighter in the Italy deck, but maybe I am wrong. I can read this one without my glasses on.

Freddie

Le Fanu

I still love this deck as much as I ever did. And I agree with everything you say about the Belgian vs Italy printings. Not much to add - except yes - and this deck is totally RWS and easy to read. My only slight criticism is the Death card - a bit too grisly and cluttered - bits of flesh hanging off a skull and I also think the font could have been different. The font of the titles really doesn't quite feel "Russian folklore" to me.

But other than that, this has been a firm favourite for over 10 years now.