RWS : 7 Swords quibble.

rota

Part of the reason to show the 'gypsy' camp must have been the designs on the tents. I can see Moon and Aquarius in the circles and wiggles, and I'd bet it has a lot to do with the idea of 'instability' that the 7 of Swords is supposed to convey.

poivre

The "tents" also show instablility for they are not permanent.

Just an idea.

joya250

you know, samantha, I thought this guy looked foreign, but never really THOUGHT about it before now. (If that makes sense.) Just the look on his face contributes to this, as well as the "fez" (or even Russian-type hat) as you mentioned. Again, I am soooo not a history person, that it didn't even register that it was out of character. Interesting observation and post!

Along with "change" and the "maturing process", sevens also represent illusion of some sort. Definitely deception, illusion, and shady business going on here.

As for the tents... I am still torn whether this is a carnival or a battle encampment. If it is an encampment of sorts, then why the heck all the fancy tents? But the people in the distance look like they are plotting something... and the leader seems to stand with a spear or lance of some sort. Also, if it is a carnival... why are there so many swords???

It has also always bothered me how this guy can hold the swords like that? Aren't they sharp? Isn't he going to cut himself???

haha. I know, no answers, only more questions... ;)

poivre

Also maybe there is confusion of thoughts with this card .

(s) words are sharp!

TemperanceAngel

ros said:
The "tents" also show instablility for they are not permanent.

Great thought, Ros :D

Another one is maybe because he can't carry all the swords and is running from someting that isn't permanent, that he is a bit overwhelmed and not ready to confront/deal with the situation yet.

Just my thoughts :) XTAX

Jewel-ry

Is he an actor?
Stealing the show!
fits in with the deception, illusion meaning, and the sevens can mean a breakthrough.

J :)

lark

I think he's stealing the swords to prevent a bloody battle.
So I sometimes see this card as stepping in and doing something about a small problem in your life, to prevent it from becoming a much bigger one.
Like going to the dentist when you have a small cavity before it turns into a root canal!
Stuff like that comes up in our life all the time.
And sometimes I'm to lazy or apprehensive to deal with it right away when I should.
This card shows up and gives me a kick in the butt.
And says," do it," before it gets out of hand.

It's the Nike "JUST DO IT" card.

Abrac

Another Look At 7 Of Swords

I was looking for some ideas about this card so I did a search and found this old thread. Plenty of good ideas for sure.

I was wondering about the colors of the tents, who these people are, and who the figure is swiping the swords, then I noticed something. The whole scene is one of merriment. The folks in the background seem to have no cause for concern, the doors of their colorful tents are wide open, they've gone off and left their swords unattended, and they appear to be in the middle of nowhere. The expression on the face of the thief seems to be that of a joker, not a criminal. I would venture to guess he is probably one of their own party having a little lighthearted fun at his mates' expense. He hasn't taken all the swords, though he probably could if he really wanted to. He's just playing a trick. The color yellow would make a lot of sense following this line of interpretation.

fool_fool

lark

fools_fool said:
I was looking for some ideas about this card so I did a search and found this old thread. Plenty of good ideas for sure.

I was wondering about the colors of the tents, who these people are, and who the figure is swiping the swords, then I noticed something. The whole scene is one of merriment. The folks in the background seem to have no cause for concern, the doors of their colorful tents are wide open, they've gone off and left their swords unattended, and they appear to be in the middle of nowhere. The expression on the face of the thief seems to be that of a joker, not a criminal. I would venture to guess he is probably one of their own party having a little lighthearted fun at his mates' expense. He hasn't taken all the swords, though he probably could if he really wanted to. He's just playing a trick. The color yellow would make a lot of sense following this line of interpretation.

fool_fool
Thats an interesting take on it fool_fool.
Kind of like the mate who swipes his friends clothes while they're having a fun time in the old swimming hole.