?'s about the German Haindl

LadyMedusa

Could someone with the larger edition of the Haindl tell me the dimensions?

A question for those who have or had both, which edition do you prefer and why?

LadyMedusa

Kissa

quoting myself from an earlier thread:

"the big cards, first edition by AG Müller, only available in german, are about 15.5 X 8.5 cm. They are big and quite rare outside Europe and german-speaking countries."

i hope this helps.

and if you care for my two cents, the large version doesn't appear as dark as the later one (that i trimmed because i hated those darn grey borders). the larger image in the large deck isn't oppressed by the borders in the same way.

kissa

coredil

Hello LadyMedusa,

I have here a quite new German Edition of the Haindl recently bought in a big german bookstore:
The Publisher house is "Lotos"
(The 3 Publisher "Ansata", "Integral" and "Lotos" seem to belong to a the Publishergroup "RANDOM HOUSE - Bertelsmann")
c 2002 by Econ Ullstein List Verlag in München
Printed by "Spielkartenfabrik Altenburg"
ISBN 3-548-74054-5
12,50 €

The cards are 8,5 cm x 15,5 cm
In my opinion:
. a very good cardstock (thick but not too thick and does not feel too much like plastic)
. Very well printed and perfectly centered pictures
. Not too glossy beautiful, rich and clear colors

The cards have light grey borders
This is the version with keywords added on the cards of the minor Arcana

Best regards

catlin

MM, Lady Medusa,
I have both the large and the standard Haindl version and love to use the large one for studies or educational purpose. It is much nicer in colouring.

Sophie

What's the ISBN of the larger edition? I didn't know it existed - how exciting, I love the Haindl! I can get German editions easily in Switzerland. I have seen an Integral edition 2002 on Buch.de - is that the large version?

BTW, apart from Abebooks.de, what other internet-based German-language used books service is there?

catlin

@Helvetica:

ISBN number of the large Haindl is in the posting by coredil.

Did you try out ZVAB (Zentralverzeichnis aller lieferbaren Bücher) for second hand books? Booklooker.de is also good, I got a couple of nice books from there but make sure about the posting fees because I got a very bad surprise when I ordered 2 tarot decks some years ago from AGMüller. I paid more on custom and postage fees than the value of the decks.

Sophie

Thanks for your suggestions Catlin - I'll give them a go. Re: the ISBN, I was confused because I found this one on the internet: ISBN 3778780441, for cards published by Integral in 2002, and measuring 16 cm, which seems to be the large size. Are there several editions of the large, then?

LadyMedusa

This is why I love AT !!!

A big Thank You to all who have answered.

It looks like this one will be moving up a few places on my "to get" list.

LadyMedusa

Kissa

Fudugazi said:
the ISBN, I was confused because I found this one on the internet: ISBN 3778780441, for cards published by Integral in 2002, and measuring 16 cm, which seems to be the large size. Are there several editions of the large, then?

I second Fudu's question: several editions for the large version?

thx for any input :)

kissa

Dusk Till Dawn

I used to have the small Haindl, I would like to get it back.
Does anyone has the ISBN number of the small one?I would really appreciate that.