Samhain/Halloween decks...new?

seven stars

A little over an hour left till I pull the plug on the $50 deal for AT'rs. I decided to price it at $75 on Etsy (still the $59 deal for AT till they're gone).

I'm not going to delete the file just in case someone loses a card in the future.

greatdane

Anyone else notice this on the cards?

I was looking at the scans up on the Adverts thread...and one is a cups suit...and the raven looks like it's pouring...blood...?...out of a cup. OH I so get this now! Check out the card the cup is being dumped from :). If you haven't noticed, take a look and let me know what you see. Can't wait to get this. If I had more bucks, I would get a back up, but I will be happy and thrilled with my one! :))

seven stars

I was looking at the scans up on the Adverts thread...and one is a cups suit...and the raven looks like it's pouring...blood...?...out of a cup. OH I so get this now! Check out the card the cup is being dumped from :). If you haven't noticed, take a look and let me know what you see. Can't wait to get this. If I had more bucks, I would get a back up, but I will be happy and thrilled with my one! :))

In that one, the spilled cups in front of the standing figure on the original graphic ended up behind the details on the newly added border graphic, and so I wanted those spilled cups to be more easily seen & not hidden. I made the raven holding one of the cups & dumping out the wine onto the skull the raven is standing on, & yes it kinda looks like blood but I'm really not into the gore stuff with Samhain. With that card, the figure ends up looking rather vampirish in his long black cloak. I put a couple of tombstones on the distant hill, as this is a card of all stages of grief - the graveyard seemed appropriate.

Calcifer

Personally, I'd like to hear more about the red Spell figure in the upper right hand corner...
...and just what is that in the bottom left ?

:)
Michael

seven stars

Personally, I'd like to hear more about the red Spell figure in the upper right hand corner...
...and just what is that in the bottom left ?

:)
Michael

A lantern & a crystal ball in the bottom left. I'm sorry if I told the secrets of the magic stamp the spell would disintegrate. Lets leave it at, it puts magic & mysteriousness into the deck....don't worry, it won't do anything to the readers! ;)~

I also included a random trick-or-treat in each deck. You'll just have to wait till you get them!!!

Calcifer

Brat.
Ok, let's not mess with the magick :).
Thanks for the clarification on the bottom left :)

Michael

MizGrace

Couldn't agree more I am excited about this time of year and looking forward to it also, I can't wait for this because I always feel the veil is thin and it is easier to know things especially if you need to know something about the self. I always give thanks during this time of year and yes, I adore the moon cycles.
I find that bohemian gothic sings to me to, this is always my Halloween go to deck. yet it always makes wonderful exact readings for me.
love baba decks 3>

greatdane

Oh I agree MizGrace!

I LOOOOVE FALL! I agree the Boho Gothic is a nice deck for this time of year, mine will get more readings, but I did find a surprisingly small number of decks that really seemed like Fall to me, especially Samhain. Darker decks don't necessarily feel like Fall decks to me. I like the colors in the Samhain deck coming my way, as well as the Visconti Sforza and the Anna. K. My Pamela CS Commemorative is my all around deck for all seasons. But I DO really feel it's great to have another deck, especially one like I haven't seen before, the Samhain Deck of the Bastard, available. It has a Fall feel to me.

Gulliver

@greatdane: Are you able to paint yourself? I would be a good companion, if you create a new tarot deck, because of I love fall too! ;)
Sometimes I think, maybe I should take a paint brush and paper and...

greatdane

If only, Gulliver!

I know what I like, I can envision what I want, but no, I am no artist. Certainly not able to make the kind of decks I like. That's why when I see one I want, I get it. My profile shows how few I really have, as some are just different sizes...the Victorian Romantic, the mini Victorian Romantic, the pocket Universal Waite, the regular size Uni Waite....
There are so many stunning decks, it's just that there has to be a certain vibe for me to want to READ with it. It's a very small group.... That's why I am so excited about this Samhain because there is nothing else like it out there.