Self-collected Oracles (CCG/TCG/etc) Daily Draws

Onaorkal

Naruto Unbound and Unbroken
Kakashi Hatake's Lightning Blade

I feel like I've gotten to the heart of the problem I mentioned yesterday (sorry, anyone who knows Lightning Blade; that was a bad pun). But it is a decisive and targeted move, so although the solution we came up with has its drawbacks, there's a certain comfort in knowing what we're going to do.

Hahahahaha omg. It literally took me a good 5 seconds to realize! Then I laughed a lot! (oops)

I guess I could still post readings on here without mentioning the tarot equivalent. It's still the same cards as the ones you're using and even if I use tarot archetypes while interpreting them, I also use my intuition and the actual content of the card too :) (like for an oracle deck!)

Rose Lalonde

I guess I could still post readings on here without mentioning the tarot equivalent. It's still the same cards as the ones you're using and even if I use tarot archetypes while interpreting them, I also use my intuition and the actual content of the card too :) (like for an oracle deck!)

Sounds like a plan! It's not like they were sold as tarot.

(I bet you had a good selection to be able to match them up to what you wanted. I just have 2 tins -- Unbound Power and Untouchable -- and the cards they came with, about 90.)

Onaorkal

Sounds like a plan! It's not like they were sold as tarot.

(I bet you had a good selection to be able to match them up to what you wanted. I just have 2 tins -- Unbound Power and Untouchable -- and the cards they came with, about 90.)

In fact I used the Trade Cards Online website where you can see all the cards from the game. I looked through alll of them multiple times, picking out the ones that seemed interesting. Then I chose some potential cards for each 78 tarot cards. I already had some of them, but I had to order a lot of them online. On Troll and Toad you can order individual cards, many of them being about .25$ and most of the ones I chose were under a dollar (one was 5$ though yikes!)

I'm pretty satisfied with the result, but I decided I would try to improve it if I can over time (since I had to make some sacrifices when the cards I wanted were not available.)

So here is my daily draw :

Farewell
''Why do they do it? Why do people risk their lives for other people?''
*The card shows people at the 3rd hokage's funeral and I'm pretty sure the quote is by Konohamaru.*

Wow a pretty gloomy card! It could hold a very deep meaning, but I don't see how this could relate to me right now at that level.
But it could relate to my decision of stopping to eat only rice like I did since the beginning of the week. I have a lot of digestive problems and I thought this could help me in reseting my GI tract but nope, so I decided to say 'Farewell' to this little detox diet and try another way!

Rose Lalonde

Thanks for the Troll and Toad tip! I see they offer economy international shipping that would only be a few dollars! Most sites list charges of $30+ to ship a few cards to me... Oh no. Now I'm enabled. I haven't been spending on tarot, because I'm obsessed with one great deck, but I can see some new oracle cards in my future.

Your draw for today reminds me how over-the-top dramatic these cards can be for just dailies. Instead of putting me off, it kind of makes me smile, especially when it's something like "Human Boulder!"

Rose Lalonde

NUU

Naruto Unbound and Untouchable
Kisame Hoshigaki "My shark skin cuts off your chakra... and devours it!" Chakra Eater Sword.

It's very early in my day. Dealing with someone or something that could be a drain on my energy. May update later...

ETA following day -- Yesterday evening I was out like a light at the time of day small children go to bed. I blame it on early autumn sunsets and a streak of very overcast days. But a lot more energy today.

Rose Lalonde

NUU

Naruto Unbound and Untouchable
Guruko (Ninja Dog) Fast Tracker "Ugh... you stink of insects"
While this card is in your hand, if you have one or more ninja dogs... this ninja is not included in the one ninja per turn restriction.

No comment on the insect quote, which must've been for Shino. All that comes to mind is this week of worry about two dogs, and receiving sad news today re one of them. :(

Rose Lalonde

NUU

Naruto Unbound & Untouchable
Kakashi Hatake & Itachi Uchiha - Illusionary World
"How much of your eyesight have you lost?"
"That's a pretty good analysis..."

A lack of clarity. Seeing genjutsu instead of reality, paired with Itachi losing sight. But on the other hand, Kakashi sees to the heart of the situation when he asks the question, so there's at least a possibility of clarity if I know where to look. Evaluate; ask questions.

Onaorkal

I really like how it's possible to get such interesting and nuanced meanings from those cards when you actually know the material source well enough!
Sure anybody could use their intuition to get something out of these, but Naruto has such rich symbolism added to it that it makes for a perfect oracle!
For example your interpretation about the card with Kisame's sword, or the one about genjutsu! I really enjoy reading what you write and do it myself too!

So for today I got

Things to Protect
''It is a place where, every year, shinobi are born - raised - grow old - fight - and die to protect their home.''
*The card shows the 1st and 2nd Hokage standing on top of the rocks overlooking Konoha with a young Hiruzen (future 3rd Hokage).*

I think this card is saying that today I will be busy taking care of my home and all the living beings living in it. It would make sense, as I'm supposed to go get some stuff for our new rabbit later today, and I also intended to look at our monthly schedule and budget.

Rose Lalonde

I love when a small thing on the card has a larger story or context that helps me relate. That's one of the reasons I enjoy esoteric tarots, and may also be why in the past I've had less success with some oracles. For me, a card with a house on it and the phrase Home and Hearth (made-up example) doesn't get me feeling involved the way a card like your "Things to Protect" (and all the related history that goes with it) would. I hadn't really thought about it that way for oracles until you mentioned it. I'm enjoying your readings as well.

Rose Lalonde

NUU

Naruto Unbound & Untouchable
Rampageous Pig - Recklessness "Grrrrr"
-2 mental power

I saw something today that made me think my setup for a project was wrong, and without checking first I edited in a panic... only to find it had been right as it was. Luckily my -2 mental power didn't caused problems - just extra work for me.

This must be the pig that dies because Sasuke won't listen (imagine), but I can't blame today's error on anyone else. ;)