Sending positive energy

Inneedofhelp

I have browsed these boards and even participated in them at various times. Everyone seems to have a very positive energy about them.
I am so in need of some positivity in my life. It has recently come to my attention that I have an attention disability. I've gone through all of my schooling and graduated from college with this problem. I'm currently on medication and am seeking Psychiatric help for the problems that I have incurred upon myself due to my frustration in the past.
Basically what I am requesting is that you could all pause for a moment and try to channel some positive energy into my direction. I feel that I am in such desperate need of it right now.
My main worry is that I have just made my life incredibly difficult and that the mistakes I made in the past will forever haunt my future.
I'm feeling so good on this medication, and it really makes me the person I have always wanted to be, and for once in my life I can be attentive!!! I am so relieved to have found out what was wrong with me, but so embarrassed about past mistakes. Please do whatever you are willing to do to help me out.
(I also ask the moderators keep this post even though it does not fit the subject matter, or would at least move it to a more appropriate section--if there is one?)
Thank you all.

Andryh

It sounds to me that in spite of your problems, you have made significant strides in your life. You are educated and obviously an intelligent person. Finding out what is wrong and taking steps to fix it are very positive things. This may be a frightening time for you, but make no mistake; there are some really good things happening for you. My advice, is keep on taking your medication, and don't dwell on the past. There is no changing it, and fixating on it just depletes the present of joy. Don't let that happen! Don't sit and wish for positive energy, because you already have it. I'm sure this is a difficult time for you, but remember that it will get better. You are blessed even now. If you like tarot, perhaps you could invest in a vibrant new deck. I saw scans of the beautiful Inner Child deck recently and thought it very healing and nurturing. Perhaps this will help you look forward to the very promising life ahead of you.

MeeWah

Inneed: You are not giving yourself adequate respect nor credit. It takes courage & a positive attitude to recognize when one needs help & to act on same, which you have apparently done!
We all have done or said things that did not serve well, that in retrospect makes us cringe; however, those instances have their value & significance. They help to teach us what is right or wrong for the life as well as help to shape who we are now.
It would be to your personal advantage & your well-being to look to the now rather than to dwell in the past. To all intents & purposes, it is done, finished. It no longer has a place in the daily life--except retained as part of the life lessons.
Andryh offers some very sound & compassionate advice for you.
It is said that charity begins at home. Give yourself a chance & have faith in yourself & the rest will follow.

sarahenglish

Inneedofhelp,
I too have ADD. I am also taking medication for it. If you are like me, the medication will be great in the beginning, but I find that I can't keep the momentum going after a few days (probably just me.) It is very easy to get bogged down with all of the things that you forget or get distracted from or that you don't get finished. These things are a pain. The thing is, ADD also comes with many blessings. We are bright and usually very creative. Look for ways to celebrate these good things that come along with ADD. I had a very bad ADD moment tonight when I said something totally inappropriate without thinking. It has me in the dumps wondering if I will ever get better. Your post makes me realize that I am not alone, we all make mistakes, and that every cloud has a silver lining. Tomorrow, I will find a way to do something beautiful for someone else. It wont repair the damage I did tonight but it will be a positive step in the right direction. I send you the positive energy you requested and will keep you in my thoughts.