Seven Swords/i've Never Seen Him As A Thief (or Sneaky)

ana luisa

I´ve also read this card as sloppy work...

firewoman

I often get the feeling with this card to be aware of not taking old thought patterns or negative things you have said in the past (the dark swords through the throat area) with you into the future leaving your opportunity for new thoughts and ideas behind...

firewoman

oops just realised that I was looking at my Morgan Greer deck when I gave the description above.. newbie getting confused :)

star-lover

lucky star said:
In the RWS card - many people may interpret the main figure as a thief or sneaky person.

Personally, I've always viewed the SEVEN SWORDS as an 'alieviation of stress' - look how the little fella carries off five swords for you - leaving only two; and the elements contained in the remaining two are what help us suss out situations and use our tact/marbles/wits to put our situation right. (In other words, he leaves what's best for you). If he was a thief, he'd take all the swords. The tents in the back-ground indicate to me that this is all done for YOU.

thanks for that - i always love it when more positive interpretations are seen for certain lets say misunderstood cards - 7 after all is the number of the sage, the mystic, the seeker after knowledge and understanding - must be lots of good in this card somewhere

going back to its negative interpretation that it does get a lot - perhaps the 7 of swords can act as a teacher for you - even when it is them that steal from you in any way, they teach you a hard lesson but a lesson they teach you and ultimately you learn and it never happens to you again hopefully -

that can't be bad:) though i know at the time it's not fun lol

perhaps the 7 of swords is just a warning card - it warns you to be aware of how you can be misled/cheated/used etc but perhaps the man/woman in the 7 of swords is not the one to actually do that cheating/stealing - maybe he does though in the end if you don't learn from his cues early days?
just rambling with some thoughts here

xx

Zephyros

Perhaps it is two sides of ths same thing. The so-called "sneaky thief" is taking frim you what you don't need, or want, but he is not doing it with your consent. At times, in life, we undergo changes that we may resist at first, but in time we learn to see that it is all for the best, in the way a snake sheds it's skin to make way for his new and magnificent scales. He does not mourn what he has lost. Rather, he rejoices with every changing of the seasons.

the_surfacer

I see the Seven of Swords as being, among other things, about resourcefulness -- those swords are just standing around out there with no one to use them until our friend on the card finds a better use for five of them. He doesn't take all seven; he doesn't need that many.

It's not theft, just a very quiet transfer of ownership! ;)

Little Baron

He may very well be a helping hand, as apose to a thief.

Sometimes, we sort things out for others without them knowing. Maybe as to not hurt their pride.

Sometimes, we support people in need. Take a few of their problems (or swords) away so that they have less on their plate to deal with.

An old lady might miss her son. He might not be a very good son. You might call him and tell him to get his finger out and ring her. But you wouldn't crush her excitement by telling her that you had a hand in it. Like those silhouettes in the background, you would let her believe he did it on his own.

I see a '5' as complications. I see a '2' as a balance.

This man removes the complications and leaves a balance.

He removes worries, doubts and confusion (air).

LB

claira justine

hi!

Little Baron said:
He may very well be a helping hand, as apose to a thief.

Sometimes, we sort things out for others without them knowing. Maybe as to not hurt their pride.

Sometimes, we support people in need. Take a few of their problems (or swords) away so that they have less on their plate to deal with.

An old lady might miss her son. He might not be a very good son. You might call him and tell him to get his finger out and ring her. But you wouldn't crush her excitement by telling her that you had a hand in it. Like those silhouettes in the background, you would let her believe he did it on his own.

I see a '5' as complications. I see a '2' as a balance.

This man removes the complications and leaves a balance.

He removes worries, doubts and confusion (air).

LB

That make sense because accdg. to the general explanations of 7's in RWS deck, 7 cards are about how to regain your control in things/situations that you are facing. :) thank you