Several Aspects in Natal and Transits Chart

firecatpickles

Minderwiz said:
I could, but you'd also need to edit your first post in the thread as it's full of the word 'progressed' :)

I think if you edit your post you might also be able to edit the title, however as Dave says, we all put our foot in it at sometime :) :)

People can read the thread and figure out what happened.

firecatpickles

Minderwiz said:
Those Astrologers who use the outer planets, tend to place more emphasis on their transits, whilst placing more emphasis on the progressions of Mars inwards.
So I should do more research on transits of the outer planets.

Minderwiz said:
Such a number of transits is interesting and might have some significance IF there are other indicators that something is likely to happen in the near future.
Would I look at what planets are in my natal chart or the transiting houses?

Minderwiz

Kilted Kat said:
So I should do more research on transits of the outer planets.

If you're inclined to a psychological approach then yes. Personally I don't use the outer planets as Astrology can function perfectly well without them.

Kilted Kat said:
Would I look at what planets are in my natal chart or the transiting houses?

You'd be looking for possible events signalled by a solar or other return chart, or primary (or other direction) chart. That should indicate the nature of the forthcoming event and the approximate period. The transit chart would be used for fine tuning the timing.

The nature of the event would be indicated by planets and houses involved mainly in your natal chart. Thus if your tenth house ruler is angular in a solar return chart, that may well indicate tenth house matters are going to be emphasised during the forthcoming year. Transits might then be used to determine exactly when during the year that will happen.

Now I've kept that statement very simple, as there are quite a few combination of methods that might be used before transits come into play - Dave might make use of Daily Return Charts, others might make use of lunar returns or secondary progressions, I've been trying out Primary Directions. The common features are that the natal chart is the prime chart and the others must be read in relation to it, and transits are the last step in the process (though the number of intermediate charts may vary considerably)

PS as you may have noticed, I've edited the thread title as per request :)