Silver Era Tarot

Briar Rose

I shuffle these decks the long way, not side ways. I saw Lucy Cavendish (OhGOD, I hope I got the spelling right- from memory) shuffle the Mermaid Oracle on YouTube on the long side, and I was hooked ever since.

Le Fanu

Funny, this was another deck I have been thinking about recently. The only reason I didn't get it out (and I've been thinking of putting it on my reading table for the last couple of weeks) is that it is at the bottom of quite a large pile and everything might topple over if I try to tug it out.

I like her artistic approach to tarot. She has talent and sensitivity and I like how it manifests itself in the deck. To be honest, in terms of contributions to tarot I much prefer her Lowbrow deck. That's a wonderful project. But the Silver Era has something, I think. A sort of mercurial-tinted-antique "Golden Age of Hollywood" photographic mood. She photographs herself sometimes like Garbo or Joan Crawford.

My main reservation is the maleness within the deck. There is something dead about it. And there are only so many female pages and knights I can deal with it before it starts to feel unbalanced. But aesthetically I quite like it...

Miss Divine

I love the scans I've seen from the Lowbrow, but since it's a majors only I didn't purchase it.
I think the Silver Era would be a great deck to mix with Lenormand because the images are simple. No extra esoteric symbolism going on, to the point and easy to read.

Aunia Kahn

Thank you guys for the feedback. We appreciate hearing what you guys like and don't like about the deck. It helps us with future creations and is always interesting since we love to collect and use tarot as well.

Personally we are very happy with the deck in some aspects, but also have grown as authors, and I have personally grown monumentally as an artist since we started the Silver Era Tarot deck in 2006!

We are working on a new tarot deck with Russell J. Moon. I am also working on on an oracle deck with Marla Books. Always busy!

Briar Rose

Oh my! I am so excited. I know it will be exceptional!!!

Cocobird55

Looking forward to your new deck!

Aunia Kahn

Thank you so much!

Miss Divine

I ordered the Silver Era yesterday. It will be interesting to see what you will do with your new deck! :)

Aunia Kahn

Thats really awesome, thank you for doing so! Let us know what you think.