Sola Busca

Essence of Winter

Is it possible to get hold of a copy of this deck? Lo Scarabeo did a version of it that is very rare now but I am not certain that it is a genuine copy versus a redrawing. It would be interesting to own a copy.

Catmoon

Lo Scarabeo did a print in 1995 of the Sola-Busca, called Illuminating Ancient Tarots, but you can find the Orbis Fabbri edition with Lo Scarabeo printing that is a Spanish and Portuguese version which is known as the Tarot de Alquimico/ Alchemy Tarot in 5 languages.
You can read more here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=131143

conurelover

Is it possible to get hold of a copy of this deck? Lo Scarabeo did a version of it that is very rare now but I am not certain that it is a genuine copy versus a redrawing. It would be interesting to own a copy.

I was lucky and got one in the Trading Forum last year. There are a few from time to time. It was well worth it.

Essence of Winter

I've looked at the Sola Busca revisited and it looks interesting but isn't an authentic copy, which is what I would really like. Still, the fact that it adheres to the RWS interpretations means it is potentially more useful as a tarot deck. I think it's the sort of thing I would get if I get hold of a Sola Busca and don't get on too well with it for readings. My interest is primarily as more of a historical deck, particularly given that it's the first known tarot deck that has a fully illustrated Minor Arcana, but I would like to read with it as well (which is why I don't have any Marseilles reproductions).

I've looked for the Lo Scarabeo reproductions under their various names and the price is prohibitive. I have a couple of out of print tarot decks that I might offer up for trade and see how that goes.

I understand that the whereabouts of Sola Busca are no longer known - the family and the tarot deck. I believe the Lo Scarabeo reproductions are taken from copy drawings made when the deck was loaned to the British Museum so they are not authentic reproductions either but are the best we are likely to get.

journeyinghome

My advice would be to get a Sola Busca Revisited, partly because it's easy to buy and partly because it's easy to read. You'll also know you can replace it, should it have an unfortunate accident with a cup of coffee! I know a couple of people who use it as their main reading deck. And then keep an eye out for a Lo Scarabeo one. They do turn up occasionally :)

Clotho

I bought Sola Busca Revisited, because I would like to use the deck. If you tend to put it into collection, you should buy those expensive ones.

PathWalker

The deck is now in a museum.

I have just bought a copy of this:

http://solabuscatarot1998mayer.wordpress.com/about/

directly from Girdano Berti - as in it arrived this morning :)

He is contactable via the email addy on the page link, and speaks very good English He will be able to give you prices to wherever you are.

And I am going to use it - I use all my decks. Yes i might not take it into a local park and play on the ground with it, but I will certainly shuffle and read with it if I want. It will be as hardy as any other deck.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

Essence of Winter

The deck is now in a museum.

I have just bought a copy of this:

http://solabuscatarot1998mayer.wordpress.com/about/

directly from Girdano Berti - as in it arrived this morning :)

He is contactable via the email addy on the page link, and speaks very good English He will be able to give you prices to wherever you are.

And I am going to use it - I use all my decks. Yes i might not take it into a local park and play on the ground with it, but I will certainly shuffle and read with it if I want. It will be as hardy as any other deck.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

I saw his page before but didn't realise he still had decks available. I just e-mailed him but I fear that it might be out of my price range at present. Thanks :)