Some Review on @ Tarot Deck's

TarotBoy

Ok, Iv set my eyes on 2 tarot deck's and I need some comments or reviews to see which is worth it...

1. Zolar's Astrological Tarot

&

2. Cagliostro Tarot

Thanks

connegrl

I have the Cagliostro. The trumps are interesting, the courts are double headed like a poker deck. In fact its been made real easy to pull the trumps and the extra court card from the deck and use it as a playing card deck. To be honest, I really can't recommend this deck much, but I've looked at the Zolar deck and its better than that. The Zolar deck is yuck. Sorry, you asked.

I tend to like older, historical decks without being totally in the TdM camp. I'm still discovering what works best for me. The Cagliostro is the type of deck I should like, but don't really. Still I intend to keep it...it might be interesting to work with in the future.

What type of deck are you looking for and maybe we can make some suggestions?

Jen

TarotBoy

I'm looking for a tarot deck that has divinitory meanings...!

I think the caglistro are nice as for the zolar are intresting, only if they had their own cards each, instead of 56...

How small are the caglistro...? are the letters hard to read...?

connegrl

The cards are small. About the same width as a poker deck and not much taller. Great pocket deck size. As far as the size of the letters, depends on if you need reading glasses or not! LOL I can read them without my reading glasses, but its much easier if I wear my glasses. I've gotten in the habit lately of always putting my glasses on when working with tarot decks. Also the keywords are pretty weird. They seem to date from a much earlier period. They may not be relevant to you if you haven't already developed your own understanding of the card. You could get some pretty weird readings.

Why are you looking for a divinitory deck with keywords??? Are you open to divinatory decks that only have 52 to 56 cards or Lenormand decks that have even fewer cards?

Jen

TarotBoy

Im looking for something like the Book of Thoth Etteilla or Cartomanzia Italiana, or Esoteric Tarot

connegrl

The Cagliostro is the closest I can think of to these decks. You can pick it up pretty cheap on Ebay from time to time. Mostly its going to be the english version. But ask, you never know. Ebay requires work. Plan on hunting to find what you want. And ask lots of questions of the seller and read all of their feedback.

Jen

TarotBoy

What tarot do you read connegrl...?

connegrl

Right now I'm working with a Soprafino deck - Ancient Italian. I'm finding that I just prefer decorated pips to illustrated scenes. I have read with the International Icon when I was really feeling frustrated and just needed to learn to read. I also have an on again off again love affair with the Polish Drogi. It does have illustrated pips, but they don't really follow a WCS progression. These and the 1JJ Swiss seem to be the decks that I turn to. I don't put myself in the straight 'TdM' camp. I'll read with whatever seems right to read with. I just am seeming more and more to prefer the freedom of decorated or unillustraed pips.

Jen