Sonia Choquette Oracle Decks

Sophie

As much as Doreen Virtue's decks make me grind my teeth (except for the Daily Guidance from the Angels deck, which I like), I have really taken to Sonia Choquette's decks - especially Ask Your Guides and Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose cards. I also have her Trust Your Vibes cards, but I find them a little less useful than the other two. Still good, though.

I am a fan of Sonia Choquette's books and approach. I like her down-to-earth attitude and her honesty. No, life is not all sunshine and roses, and she says so. She also says that you can create your life, with the right attitude - you don't have to endure it. The cards reflect that attitude. They are overall positive, but the negative cards are empowering too - if you follow the guidance. She is also extremely good at pointing out how we sabotage ourselves or don't give sufficient weight to the positives in our life - and again, the cards reflect that.

Overall I have found them a useful an empowering tool. The Soul Purpose cards are geared more towards soul growth, and as such have less practical use, but give good spiritual guidance in any given situation. It works very well in tandem with the Ask Your Guides cards, because having drawn a Soul Purpose card, you can then ask how practically you can fulfill it in this situation, and draw advice from the Guides cards. I tend to draw one Soul Purpose card for a situation, followed by three Guides card for practical details as to how to follow the advice of the Soul Purpose. But I will also meditate or think about the Soul Purpose and look for any blind spots in myself. I've not yet read for others with these cards.

In all her decks, she has given one great gift - she helps put things in perspective, take responsibility and reclaim our power. This ties in very much with her personal philosophy that you must learn to observe drama, empathize, but in no way participate in the drama or encourage it with your own energy. Don't let other people's negative energy get to you. Don't create nagative energy. Take responsibility for your life, don't be a victim, don't give your power away, don't compromise your integrity. That is the heart of what being a psychic and a successful human being is to her. Her oracle cards are helpful in that way too.

Sophie

Anyone else uses these decks?

What do you like about them/not like about them?
How do they work for you?
Do you use for yourself, for others, both?

Startarot

I love these decks. I have been using the Ask your Guides deck for some time now. When I read for others I open with this deck. It helps to know which guides are comming in to assit. I also use the Soul lessons as well as the Trust your vibes. I will at times close the reading by selecting a card from this deck. Soul lessons I mostly use for myself. I did a reading yesterday based on your prvious post. I liked that very much and will be using that "spread" as a tool in reading for others as well as my self.

I enjoy her straight forward not alway glossy apporach. Feels very down to earth to me. Her message feels practical and thought provoking.

Blessings,
Star

Sophie

Thanks, Startarot. Nice to know it works when reading for others too. I like the idea of opening a reading with Ask Your Guides to find out the kind of energy at work in the reading, and what is needed to assist the querent.

Yes, she is very down-to-earth, in a spiritual way! To me she epitomises the ability to live a fully spiritual life in the day-to-day world, and to take responsibility for yourself as a spiritual being.

tarot4fun

Fudugazi said:
...I am a fan of Sonia Choquette's books and approach. I like her down-to-earth attitude and her honesty ...In all her decks, she has given one great gift - she helps put things in perspective, take responsibility and reclaim our power...Take responsibility for your life, don't be a victim, don't give your power away, don't compromise your integrity. That is the heart of what being a psychic and a successful human being is to her. Her oracle cards are helpful in that way too.
I agree, she is a real gift to all of us who love her.
I only have her 'Trust Your Vibes' deck, I sometimes use it in the morning when I have my meditation time.

Lewen

I didn't even know that Sonia Choquette even had oracle decks! Oooo, more for my wish list! :D

I am currently reading/working in her "Psychic Pathways" book and love what I am reading so far. I'll have to get a list of all her books and oracles and such so that I know I'm not missing out on anything else! Can anyone post a list of her works and such?

Thanks for posting! :)

WolfSpirit

Lewen said:
Can anyone post a list of her works and such?

She has her own website and online shop, I think that will cover what is available from her:

http://www.soniachoquette.com/store/site/

(if you click on an item group in the list on the left you get more results)

I like her books very much and I think I will want to read them all. However I have one of her oracle decks, the "Ask your guides" oracle, I don't think it is bad but it is not one of my favourite decks. I like her books better than her decks.

Lewen

WolfSpirit said:
She has her own website and online shop, I think that will cover what is available from her:

http://www.soniachoquette.com/store/site/

(if you click on an item group in the list on the left you get more results)

I like her books very much and I think I will want to read them all. However I have one of her oracle decks, the "Ask your guides" oracle, I don't think it is bad but it is not one of my favourite decks. I like her books better than her decks.

Thanks for sharing. I'll look it up! :)

Ruby7

I bought the "Ask your Guides" deck yesterday and it stinks, literally.

I haven't had a chance to work with the deck much yet, but the cards and book have a very strong solvent smell that makes me feel sick to my stomach. I had the same problem with my doreen Virtue Archangels and I e-mailed Hayhouse about the problem but never got a reply. I was hoping that was an isolated case. The smell of this deck is not quite as strong as the Archangels so I am hoping that I can get rid of it, never could get rid of it for the Archangels.

Anyone else have this problem?

Ruby7

.traveller.

The ones I have aren't noticeably stinky. The ones I gave my mom weren't stinky either, so maybe you just got a bad set? Or I was lucky.