St. Michael ~ Judgement

Rosanne

OHHH I see what you mean- well yes the scales are used by Justice- but the Trumpet is his name- or at least the sound the trumpet makes is his name. I guess in English he would be called Archangel Dadada DAAAA! But I like the forms on the balance page- I have never thought of upright balance like the tree and that is the Sword I guess that holds the scales. I had never heard of radial balance like the sun either. You are a veritable knowledge grove! I wonder how Pamela sussed this out?~Rosanne

Elnor

A vision of St. George is said to have appeared and inspired some knights on crusade in Jerusalem, and several centuries later this flag became commonly known as the St. George's flag... he is patron saint of England, hence the reason this is the English flag, (which of course Pamela would have been well aquainted with!)

I've been told that the angel on the Judgement card is Gabriel; but there are similarities between St. George and the angel Michael; in church art throughout the centuries they are both depicted as slaying a dragon symbolising the devil: St. George on horseback, and Michael with his scales in one hand and a spear or sword in the other.

Elnor

celticnoodle

Yes Elnor, you are correct. the white flag w/a red cross is St. George's flag. the flag that was mentioned by Rosanne for the custody of hte holy land is similar, but has four additional red crosses that are smaller in the flag also.

Rosanne

Thanks for the info on St George! My brother's name is Michael- and I am especially fond of this angel (and my brother) The reason I thought that the flag was the Custody of the Holy land- (you are right it has four corner red crosses for each area of the holy land) was the Judgement on the area called Acre, which was last to fall to the 'infidel'; this was the end of the crusades after this...
When the glorious city of Acre thus fell, all the Eastern people sung of its fall in hymns of lamentation, such as they are wont to sing over the tombs of their dead, bewailing the beauty, the grandeur, and the glory of Acre even to this day. Since that day all Christian women, whether gentle or simple, who dwell along the eastern shore [of the Mediterranean] dress in black garments of mourning and woe for the lost grandeur of Acre, even to this day.
It is said that Michael appeared trumpeting his name. He was a Sailor that took them naked (they stripped to swim, but took their valuables lol)to Cyprus from the Holy Land's shore. Many drowned that day.~Rosanne

Fulgour

Rosanne said:
It is said that Michael appeared trumpeting his name.
He was a Sailor...
And isn't that WATER we see on Pam's card?

Royal Navy Signal Flags and Pendants
Click on the images below to get an enlargement.

http://www.gwpda.org/naval/s0100000.htm

Sovereign Military Order of Malta

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/smom.html

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/smom~.html

Jean Dodal Tarot of Marseille,
Judgement, original and restoration by JC Flornoy

http://tarot-history.com/Jean-Dodal/pages/20.html

Rosanne

Here's a scan of the Card Judgement! Whats all the water about? Thats one of the reasons I thought it was about the Judgement and Fall of Acre in the Holy Land. Any thoughts? I, like Fulgour, think this is really cool about Michael. ~Rosanne

Attachments

• RWSJudgement.jpg
    RWSJudgement.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 155

Rosanne

We crossed posts Fulgour! If this card depicts Michael (and I think you are right) and it is about Acre and its fall- what then do we make of this card now? It speaks to me about already being saved, and taken to safety- not facing Judgement when you die. Would love to hear comments. ~Rosanne

Robin Fariel

Archangels

My information regarding the RW Archangels:

Key 6: Raphael who is Archangel of Air (Key 6 is Gemini an air sign)
Key 14: Michael Archangel of Fire (Sagitarrius)
Key 15: Uriel Archangel of Earth (Capricorn)
Key 20: Gabriel Archangel of Water

And in saying Gabriel is the Archangel of Water doesn't mean Water/H2O. Water refers to the Akashic fluid or, more to the point, Sound. Hence the horn= sound vibration raising the three souls from the limitations of their three dimensional coffins.

Rosanne

Thanks for the info Robin- what is the Water on the RWS Judgement card- do you think it is supposed to be the Water makes Air makes Fire in the Sepher Yetsirah? I have since discovered that Robert Wang the Author thinks it is Michael not Gabriel. ~Rosanne

Robin Fariel

Roseanne, I understand the water in Key 20 to be the Mindstuff that began flowing from the High Priestess's robe. That Mindstuff was quieted in the Hanged Man and his state of suspension is realized fully in Judgement.

Haven't read Wang's book in a long time. But I'd suppose he'd say Michael as Fire because-

1. The letter Shin associated with Key 20/Judgement is Fire. And Pluto is the higher vibration of Mars a fire sign.

However, Pluto rules Scorpio which is a water sign. And also one might remember that the Hanged Man reverses things. :)