Strange deck feelings and The Unicorn Tarot

luna

Forgot to tell you my feeling about the Native American deck.

I was so much looking forward to receiving it and when I finally got it I was deeply disappointed! The paintings look so coarse to me and now I do not know whether I keep it or not.[/quote]

The Native American deck was my first deck over 10 years ago. They where well used. I recieved them from a very close friend of mine. She let me take my pick from several decks. There was one deck that was very pretty. (I'm an artisan so I appriciate wonderful artwork.)Yet I chose the NA deck.
I learned Tarot with this deck. I also connect very deeply with it and the NA traditions. The artwork may not be a masterpiece, but it is simple and very symbolic. This deck of cards has always been faithful to me. It has left many amazed at it's directness. I had the Dragon Tarot, some one stole them, the artwork was not what I would chose, yet I miss them. My Aunt reads cards with a deck of playing cards. Cards do not have to be pretty to work. If you like them for just the pictures then you are limiting yourself.
If you close youself off to a deck then perhaps IT won't work. Besides Tarot is not about what they look like, it's about having a special tool for life and opening yourself up to recieve their message. luna