subsequent readings on same subject with same reader produce different results

Noob

need advice. I am very bothered and would appreciate if someone could share if they have encountered a similar situation - where subsequent readings with the same reader on the same subject produced different answers as the first. Which answer did you take? Which one came true?

I am not new to tarot cards but i tend to rely on people's readings for me rather than read myself as I am not confident of my own readings. Having said that, I always get the same cards for my own readings, so i believe there's some initiative or perceptive energy somewhere in me, if only i have more faith.

A week ago, i got a professional tarot card reader to do a reading via Skype for me. According to the testimonials on her website, it seems the fact that the readings are done via Skype don't affect the accuracy. She was spot on about some stuff. The main subject of my reading (as with most readings) is how would things pan out between this man I love and me. We are always on/off and this time we are in the midst of our biggest "off". The result is that he would always love me, and come back to me and things would get better when his biz improves, though the relationship would always have its challenges. But it's big love between us. My own decision was that as long as he loves me, i would be willing to hang in there for a while.

Two days ago, i wanted to ask her about my job situation. Inadvertently, i also asked her about the man. The initial cards were OK, rather in line with what she said the first time. She said he saw me as the mother of his future kids, and someone who would be his partner etc. (But after the first 10 minutes, i suddenly wondered if there was any review of her in trip advisor. I looked it up while talking to her on SKyPE.. and found ONE negative subject header about her being a fake but the review was removed by trip advisor.. The spooky thing was halfway through my search: She said sharply to me! What are you doing?) Anyway, the readings changed this time. A lot of negative cards that implied conflict, heartbreaks and solitude came out. She said he would push me away with something, I will be unhappy, not talk to him, and i will meet someone else (but i love him!).

I couldn't sleep that night. I wondered if the fact that i was googling on her negative reviews while doing the reading affected the readings. I asked for a third reading last night. Second and third readings were consistent.

I am very confused now. A friend once told me that I shouldn't ask about the same thing more than once, especially within a short space of time (give it a month.. one week is too soon). The cards don't like it,. and will give you opposite outcomes. But when i raised this with the lady yesterday, she said it's not true.

please advise. What should i do? Take the first reading or second and third? What would you do? What is your personal experience? Which came true?

SunChariot

The method the reader uses, ie Skype should not affect the quality of the reading.

It can very much be true that if you ask the same question too often, the cards stop answering and nonsense cards come up. I know for a fact that happens when we read for ourselves. Whether or not it happens when others read for us...not sure. No one has ever talked about that to me, and I have never had more than one reading by the same reader on the same topic.

But yes that happens when we read for ourselves, so it would not surprise me if it happened when others read for us. The cards just do not like to be tested or to tell us things that we already know (ie we have been told already).

Another possible cause is ....I presume your readings have been about the future. Readings on the future are NEVER set in stone. They future can change from one day to the next, or ever sooner.

Anything we do differently, any thought, feeling or action can in theory change the future to a different one. Sometimes something as simple as having a reading done, when we hear the answer it may change something in our way of thinking and that could change the future.

That means that both readings could have been accurate at the time they were done, BUT the future changed between the time of the first reading and the second. And even the second reading is not likely set in stone and the future could still change. That is the nature of readings on the future. The future is generally fluid and subject to change.

Which is a good thing because if we don't like what comes up, we can set out to purposely change it. But it can change on its own as well. USUALLY it does not because people tend to act it relatively predictable ways. We're creatures of habit. BUT sometimes...well things can change.

I am definitely with your friend on that. It's really best not to do another reading on the same topic or question too soon after the first. Not unless something has changed in the situation that has the capacity to change the outcome. OR at least 1 month.

Babs

Noob

Thanks very much Babs. Appreciate your insight.

I have been unhappy since the second and third readings. Should i just take the first reading as still having a chance of materialising? But i dont want to deceive myself either.

I am also wondering if the professional reader's cards pick up that i was googling on her reputation (doubt) and deliberately gave me those negative cards.

SunChariot

Thanks very much Babs. Appreciate your insight.

I have been unhappy since the second and third readings. Should i just take the first reading as still having a chance of materialising? But i dont want to deceive myself either.

I am also wondering if the professional reader's cards pick up that i was googling on her reputation (doubt) and deliberately gave me those negative cards.

It would have been better, I believe, to not do the second or third readings. Once done, it has muddied the waters. There is no way to be sure now if the cards did not answer properly because you kept asking the same question, or if the future changed. Had you not done the other readings, you could trust the first reading. Now there is no way to know.

What I would do now is stop asking that question for a while and instead ask what you can do to help encourage the future you want to come your way. Then you can take the steps offered in the reading and bring it closer.

If you want my opinion, as a professional reader....IF that reader purposely gave you negative cards because she knew you googled her (or for any other reason) run the other way and don't go to her again. That would be very unprofessional and a professional should not act that way. Being a reader means thinking first and foremost about what is best for the querent and putting your own feelings aside if you have to to reach that higher goal.

Maybe she did not do that at all, BUT if you were sure she did, that is very very unprofessional and that would make me lose trust in her.

Her cards don't have a mind of their own, they will only do what she wants them to do. The magic that answers us through the cards is inside us, not in the cards. Cards are just a tool, printed cardboard.

If she asks for the highest wisdom or the best answer for you, that is what her cards will give her. IF that is not what she's trying to achieve, to me that is not a good sign.

Babs

Noob

Thanks Babs.

To be honest, i couldn't help feeling she was not answering me in an objective way as well. That her answers were clouded by her own judgement on the situation. As in she listened to what i hadbeen saying, and decided based on common sense that the outcome is unlikely to be positive. So perhaps her own views on the situation could also affect the results of the reading?

Re her picking up that i was googling her and it wasn't positive, that's pretty spooky, isn't it? It does say she's psychic to some extent!

SunChariot

That's a danger as a reader, you have to be able to clear you mind and keep your opinions out of it..

Well maybe not psychic bit possible that it's happened to her in the past where people Google her and found negative things Not yo day this happened, but if it's happened often enough she could have a worry of it happening again.

Babs

Thanks Babs.

To be honest, i couldn't help feeling she was answering me in an objective way as well. That her answers were clouded by her own judgement on the situation. As in she listened to what i hadbeen saying, and decided based on common sense that the outcome is unlikely to be positive. So perhaps her own views on the situation could also affect the results of the reading?

Re her picking up that i was googling her and it wasn't positive, that's pretty spooky, isn't it? It does say she's psychic to some extent!

Noob

Well, the spooky part is she suddenly asked that when i was googling her.

Re not letting your own opinions affect a client's reading, she spent the first 20 mins listening to me and giving her advice before she opened the cards, saying she's a relationship counsellor. i was actually rather flummoxed. I wanted the cards to tell me, not to listen to her practical advice as a counsellor. So till now, i am wondering if her own opinions clouded the reading.

Thanks so much for your input, Babs. I really appreciate it. You are soo patient and knowledgeable.

May i ask if you could kindly respond to my query re strength. I really am not sure what to make of it. Like judgement, it's a recurring card.

That's a danger as a reader, you have to be able to clear you mind and keep your opinions out of it..

Well maybe not psychic bit possible that it's happened to her in the past where people Google her and found negative things Not yo day this happened, but if it's happened often enough she could have a worry of it happening again.

Babs

headincloud

Sounds like a pretty unreliable professional reader and counsellor to me, and I think there's a bit of paranoia on your part.

EmpressArwen

I'm assuming that she could see you, right? You could see her, she could see you? If that is the case, she probably noticed you weren't focused on her. She would have seen your attention was divided. That doesn't excuse her being sharp with you but that is my guess.

I agree that asking the same question more than once, regardless of whether its the same reader or not, isn't a good idea. It just confuses the situation.

If you don't feel good about the reader anymore, don't return. She could be the most accurae reader on the planet but if you no longer feel comfortable with her, it's best to not have her read for you anymore.

Noob

Thanks for your input, Empress Arwen and headincloud

She could see me, but when i previously typed on the computer while talking to her on Skype, she didn't seem to mind.

What i didn't like is i am questioning her objectivity. When we first started the reading, she didn't want to open her cards and tried to be a normal counsellor by giving advice based on what i told her. This went on for about 10-15mins, all of which she was charging me. I had to tell her, can we find out what the cards say?

The first reading was positive for me and the guy. Halfway through the positive reading, she said I saw all this the minute i opened the cards (while she was saying before she opened the cards to leave the man).

But after my attempt to google her while speaking to her and yielding negative reviews (this was during the second reading), she consistently drew negative cards. I am thinking she could be biased (she didn't like the guy) but it's true her cards were mostly wands and swords.

But it's alright. You are right. I no longer feel comfortable with her and thereby am unlikely to speak to her again. I also found her calculative to the minute.