Sun as blockers and inhibitors

moodclad

I got the sun in the "blockers and inhibitors" position. I'm struggling with this a bit as I have a hard time seeing how good-times/good things (as I usually see the sun) could be an inhibitors.
I'm seeing this as saying: good times are blocking the forward movement of the situation.

Or would it be the lack of positivity? But isn't that something being blocked instead of acting as a block?
Or am I misunderstanding how you read the position?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

YDM42

Sun can mean not seeing the truth- blinded by the light, being ignored, - someone actual son and being burned out or burned from too much play.

IndigoWaves

Some negative Sun traits that could "block" or "inhibit" the attainment of a desired goal (and may therefore need to be avoided) could include: pushiness/coming on too strong, inconsiderate selfishness, narcissism/self-centredness, snobbishness, childishness/immaturity, bombastic arrogance, attention-seeking/flashiness, obnoxiousness/inciting drama, temper tantrums/"roaring", and revealing things in order to burn others/hurtfulness. (If you happen to know an unpleasant or so-called "unevolved" Leo Sun Sign/Leo-heavy person, think about his or her personality and actions for additional examples.)

Depending on the reading/context, though, this Sun card might actually represent another person: someone who displays aforementioned traits, a more "positive" Leo-type, or perhaps even a child who is somehow blocking/inhibiting you from gaining what you seek. Another possibility is a desired partnership that's weakened or blocked entirely because one person really wants to have/raise kids and the other doesn't... Just some ideas, anyway.

euripides

To me Sol is Phaethon, and it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Or before they drive the chariot of the sun too close to the earth and are flung out by Zeus's thunderbolt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaethon

So in this position, overindulgence, biting off more than you can chew; not being able to control what you've gotten yourself into. Or perhaps even (delving into the myth) lack of trust and demand for proof unleashing a can of worms.

How many metaphors can I cram into one post?

moodclad

Sun can mean not seeing the truth- blinded by the light, being ignored, - someone actual son and being burned out or burned from too much play.
Ahhh. Okay that makes sense. Hadn't thought of that "too much sun' aspect.

moodclad

Wow. Ya'll are giving me great insight into aspects I've never thought about regarding this card ... and many of which have cropped up in the evolution of the situation.
I'm thinking of my behaviors and their impact. Argh! Growth and self forgiveness being called.

moodclad

To me Sol is Phaethon, and it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Or before they drive the chariot of the sun too close to the earth and are flung out by Zeus's thunderbolt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaethon

So in this position, overindulgence, biting off more than you can chew; not being able to control what you've gotten yourself into. Or perhaps even (delving into the myth) lack of trust and demand for proof unleashing a can of worms.

How many metaphors can I cram into one post?
Think ya got as many as possible, and all helpful.

headincloud

Fear of success perhaps.

Laurelle

I got the sun in the "blockers and inhibitors" position. I'm struggling with this a bit as I have a hard time seeing how good-times/good things (as I usually see the sun) could be an inhibitors.
I'm seeing this as saying: good times are blocking the forward movement of the situation.

Or would it be the lack of positivity? But isn't that something being blocked instead of acting as a block?
Or am I misunderstanding how you read the position?

The Sun can also be about regeneration and taming the animal instinct in us. The Sun is more about spiritual connections, spiritual understanding and a spiritual understanding on Earth that leads to health, happiness and understanding.

What some see as physical matter others see as spiritual stuff that cannot thrive without the sun. The Sun can also be about a new spiritual rebirth. Do you think that any of that is currently being blocked in your life?

"When the self-knowing spirit has dawned in the consciousness above the natural mind, that mind in its renewal leads forth the animal nature in a state of perfect conformity." (Waite, 147).

The Sun also falls under the number 19, which is favorable for marriage. What is your definition of "good times"? Does that mean drinking and partying? (It could mean anything, really) I'm just trying to grasp what you meant by "good times." If your definition of good times is drinking and having carefree fun, perhaps you are overlooking the depth of this card. That you are tuning out what could perhaps be a favorable marriage or engagement.

As a negative aspect the Sun can act impulsively and if you are merely indulging in sensual and personal desires, that could lead to blockages in spiritual growth.

Just ideas. I don't know what you mean by "good times", which is a little vague, so I'm guessing here. FB would be good on this for me. Thanks in advance.

moodclad

The Sun can also be about regeneration and taming the animal instinct in us. The Sun is more about spiritual connections, spiritual understanding and a spiritual understanding on Earth that leads to health, happiness and understanding.

What some see as physical matter others see as spiritual stuff that cannot thrive without the sun. The Sun can also be about a new spiritual rebirth. Do you think that any of that is currently being blocked in your life?

"When the self-knowing spirit has dawned in the consciousness above the natural mind, that mind in its renewal leads forth the animal nature in a state of perfect conformity." (Waite, 147).

The Sun also falls under the number 19, which is favorable for marriage. What is your definition of "good times"? Does that mean drinking and partying? (It could mean anything, really) I'm just trying to grasp what you meant by "good times." If your definition of good times is drinking and having carefree fun, perhaps you are overlooking the depth of this card. That you are tuning out what could perhaps be a favorable marriage or engagement.

As a negative aspect the Sun can act impulsively and if you are merely indulging in sensual and personal desires, that could lead to blockages in spiritual growth.

Just ideas. I don't know what you mean by "good times", which is a little vague, so I'm guessing here. FB would be good on this for me. Thanks in advance.
"Good times" for me is about inner happiness and personal fulfillment. Enjoying the companionship of good friends; moments of family support and encouragement; love that comes from being accepted and loved for WHO you are versus WHAT you are; career success that also fulfills personal satisfaction of a "a job well done"; having what you do valued and appreciated by others. It's feeling good about who you are and where you are in your life; and having a deep gratitude for all that you have in your life. Basically the good shine bits of life.

So I think we're one similar lines of thought regarding the blessings of The Sun. It is why I have a hard time understanding how it can be the cause of a block or inhibiting a situation. (Not itself being blocked.)