Surrealist Tarot

sacredashes

Are you ready for a good story?.. I hope so..

I was minding my business one day when I got a nudge from a friend. He had discovered something he considered AWESOME!!! and so he wanted me to have a look.

I must say, I agree with him... We got curious and contacted the artist of this amazing deck and asked if he wanted to get it published? He did..

Well, we both went the self-published route before and would very much like to see more artists get their work out there. Yes, it is hard to squeeze into the main stream mode but its possible to get your work published through other means.

I got in touch with the printer who did my deck and worked out a splendid arrangement... Yes, this baby is going to the printer soon :D and my printer went on about this box design that made me drool... That man was put on earth to bait me with ideas!!!

The deck is being manifested as we speak... and I was wondering... Would you like to take it for a spin? ;) Tell me what you think?

Surrealist Tarot

:heart:

tarot heart

Hi,

I just took a look at the deck and I must say it's quite interesting. I love black/white decks. The moon is a great card here. When are you selling them?

th

sacredashes

I will be meeting the printer again next week to work out the printing schedule; and to finalize the final product. Will only know when the production will be done after that meeting.

That's what I thought too when I saw the artwork. Interesting take on a lot of the cards. Just tried out a couple of free readings using the deck and I really like the way the e-LWB was done... with a sense of humor.

The artwork has a very nice presentation but I am biased; I too like black and gray work more than colored ones so... :p

Brigid

WOW! Seriously good!

I just did The Secret of the High Priestess spread.
Is the Artist going to keep the name? Surreal art to be sure!
And if the quality of the printer is the same as 'The Diary' it's sure to be a winner.

So nice of you Ash, to give this artist a helping hand. :D

I'm going back to do another few readings to see more cards. :)
So far, I love Fortitude, Sorcerer, 6 of Pents.
Plus I too adore b/w monochomatic decks.

gregory

Nice - but I saw the title and thought AT LAST; Magritte on cards... :( But yes - good stuff. I especially like Balance. Delightfully creepy.

sacredashes

:) We are going to respect the artist's vision in every aspect of the print so yes, for now... since he hasn't indicated he wants to change anything... It will be Surrealist Tarot.

LOL.. Insisted the printer use the same card stock he did the last time but will be getting some samples off him to see which finish would suit this deck better.. gloss or matte. Am very excited about this project.

Actually, there were a few cards that caught my attention... I like the Page of Pentacles very much and Constellation. Balance too was a different take than what I am used to :p but I think that was what got me intrigued... the system he uses is familiar yet not exactly the same.

:)

rwcarter

Weirdly disturbing. I love it!

strings of life

Ash, thanks for sharing this! I love the Majors, especially Sorcerer, Empress, Theocrat, Balance, Hermit, Fortitude, Swamp, Tower, Constellation, Moon, Beast Chamber. And, the Minors - wow.

Very unique and different. Oh, and black and white :thumbsup:.

I can only imagine what the final product will look like!

photokat

Ummmmm ....

Yes, Please?????

love.actually

I want this! :D