Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus

pumog

So jealous!

I didn't want this and now, as usual I do - but so expensive (for me, in UK)! I'm not clear on something, UK people - how come different people are getting different outcomes in terms of tax being added, if all the decks are being sent from the same place? Any way one can avoid being hit with a charge, or is it really a lottery? Thanks!

imno007

Some Youtube coverage has finally popped up over the last week.

Reviews/unboxings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMUvoqyFL5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUSnR9kJoKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtUNP_pmKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Cn6qxnyOs

One in French:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFD1OHSM7g

Not that anyone couldn't have easily found these on their own if they searched Youtube, but I figured I'd go ahead and share the links while I was on the site. Last time I searched there wasn't anything to be found, so I was glad to find these when I looked today.

avalonian

I didn't want this and now, as usual I do - but so expensive (for me, in UK)! I'm not clear on something, UK people - how come different people are getting different outcomes in terms of tax being added, if all the decks are being sent from the same place? Any way one can avoid being hit with a charge, or is it really a lottery? Thanks!

They don't check all of them, so it depends on whether you are lucky or not. I was lucky with mine, but then I've had to pay customs on three other decks in the last month.

I always assume I'll have to pay the customs charge and consider myself very lucky when I don't.

I would say that this is one of those where I wouldn't have minded paying the extra, it's a wonderful deck.

:) :) :)

Alta

I did a first reading with it yesterday and I'm still thinking about the meanings today, this is a truly amazing deck.

Rose Lalonde

My backup copy arrived today! (From tarotcart, because I decided I needed it after I already had the kickstarter one in hand.) Along with my second deck I received an Ace of Cups and Princess of Cups the same size as the deck, but with silver border, text and symbols, so I assume it's a glimpse at the Babalon edition. A shining, almost airy look to them. Very nice.

Btw, there's a thread for any edition of this deck in the Daily Draws forum. I've just been adding wordy ramblings over there myself, but with Tabula Mundi I never have the problem of not much to say! :|

delinfrey

I literally just received my package - am sitting in a wine bar next to the post office and enjoying a chilled Spanish white.

First of all, let me say - I have literally never felt this way when opening a tarot package, this one is really loaded with magic. I ordered the Rosetta in a tin, the book and the Colores Arcus.

So nicely packaged, so swift to arrive - but when I opened, I almost cried. She had included a bumper sticker ("Hru is my muse") and a black-and-white postcard with the Hierophant.

The book, deck and Rosetta tin were in a separate cello, and honestly even the BOX for the deck looks so amazing that I can't just even...

I have yet to do a reading, but it is already the most precious deck I own. What an amazing piece of art. Completely stunned.

Barleywine

Since I don't have any readings booked right now and wouldn't let my clients touch this deck anyway, I've been using it to lay out spreads for Your Readings commentary, just as a way to get acquainted with it. (I no longer read for myself regularly now, my life's far too settled to need it much.) I'm finding the deck both cerebral and inspirational in tone, which suits my analytical/intuitive way of approaching the tarot perfectly.

Tibor

For those of you in the UK, how did you managed to pay off the custom charges? Did you receive a card in the post? When I checked my tracking it says that my item is being held and I'm being notified about custom charges. However, this has been like that for a few days and I still don't know how can I pay off customs. Could anyone please tell me what can I do? How long it took for you to get some sort of notification in the post if that's how you paid it off? Any other suggestions or advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Zephyros

I just got it now and wow! It doesn't often happen that you wait for something for years and years and you're not disappointed by your high expectations but this one surpasses all of them. I've seen all the Majors before, of course, and the Minors in black and white, but the colors add so much it may as well have been an entirely new deck. Which in some ways it is.

And the backs... I can't believe how wonderful they are. The tasteful holograms are done so slightly and delicately they make the paper look like some jewel.

By the way, I have a feeling USPS is having some trouble. I don't know about the customs in the UK, but tracking showed my deck to have arrived in my country quite quickly then it was mysteriously in transit for almost two weeks then it said it had a failed delivery but there was no card or anything in my mailbox. Today I was finally fed up with waiting and just went to the post office with the tracking number. It took some arm-twisting to make the clerk look for it but it was there and all. My country's mail is a special kind of mess, I admit, but you might try at your local post and see if it is already there. Even while holding the deck in my hands tracking says it's still in transit. So you never know.