Tarocchi Delle Stelle English Instruction Booklet

Lord Adonia

Hemera said:
I usually just use my intuition and decipher them the way I want -or not at all. I´m currently looking for a second copy of the deck so I could trim off the huge white borders. I don´t really like them and I find the cards too big to shuffle comfortably. I think the cards would become much more intense with some trimming..
I am a purist and am uncomfortable with the idea of trimming tarots,but Alida has copies for sale. Just do a search for Tarocchi Delle Stelle and you will see it is available for sale.
http://www.alidastore.com/indexen.html

Lord Adonia said:
I certainly like the comic book style art like Prince Valiant.
Hemera said:
Oh yes, me too. :)
I certainly wish there would print a bigger versions of Oracle of the Sibyl and the Tavaglione Stairs of Gold Tarot. It is hard to see the symbolism.

Other comic book syles I like are the Arcus Arcanum Tarot and Le Tarot des Templiers. Le Tarot des Templiers has a French book which I don't have that describes the symbollism-maybe I will start a new post on this ugh or may be not.

http://www.spiritone.com/~mfilipas/Masquerade/Reviews/templrs.html

Lord Adonia

I confirmed the Divinatory Tarot by Papus translated by Beryl Stockman and Tarot of the Bohemians by Papus are indeed two different works. The Divinatory Tarot has Le Tarot Divinatoire illustrated entirely. The deck was published by Éditions Dusserre in 1992. I certainly wish I had a copy of Le Tarot Divinatoire for my collection, but I read from a translated web site a year or so ago, the deck is out of print and Papus’s family did not want the deck in print. I cannot confirm if this is true.

As for the translation, I doubt this Tarocchi Delle Stelle booklet translation will ever be done. I certainly do not expect Eilan to do this since this is a bulky load and she should not have to waste her time. I have translated a few text sections with a free online translator. However I have used this to translate German and Spanish in the past, when an expert reviewed my efforts. There were many corrections and I felt like a fool with my efforts. The way the sentences I structured changed the meaning and intent.

I am certainly disappointed with the way the world has expanded that an English translation of the Tarocchi Delle Stelle booklet is not readily available. Dal Negro does not care, there appears to be simply a lack of interest in Giorgio Tavaglione and his works. I wonder if he is still alive.

tarotbear

Bumping this up .... {bump}

Just for the sake of argument - there are 150 pages {possibly 180} in that book - mostly full of text and few illustrations. I have a friend in Italy who is interested in 'trying' to translate it - but to what end? I can even pay him to end up with a nice translation, but I can't turn around and print it or publish it for sale. I offered to pay for a deck for his use to get a copy of the book so I don't have to try scanning or making a PDF or mailing him mine.

***ETA***

Dal Negro 'does not see the value in creating an English version'; they mostly sell the deck in Italy - but I bet they'd screw me to the wall if I printed and sold an English Translation!

I also once had a friend fluent in Italian look at it and he muttered something about it being in a very technical Italian; I always figured he didn't understand the Tarot terminology or any of the Occult stuff so he decided not to get himself involved.

tarotbear

Tavaglione is dead ?

http://librodeicustodidellaterra.blogspot.ch/search?q=Tavaglione

If anyone can translate this, it seems that Giorgio Tavalglione died in 2011.

Google Translate:

Saturday, June 25, 2011
Giorgio Tavaglione: disvelatore of symbols

Dear George,

these days talking about you and remembered the many times we spent together, we researchers and pioneers in the years that it was not easy to break the strict rules of a society "obscurantist". But we did not see each other for fear of judgment or ridicule to discourage our businesses, which yo boy, and especially as we were compact, but just not as united in these times where so much talk of unity and sharing, love and brotherhood, and then some more speaks is absent when the call is made real, as far as you participate you do not risk too soon as the water is a bit 'too high all retire on the beach because struggled to get to another island, not to mention the risk but live it is the rule. But we who "race" of grand stubborn we were thus adding to this so much knowledge that very few are "brave conquerors" who do not leave the trail!

Your journey now continues in another dimension, and we want to remember with all the love that unites those souls who have found themselves on this earth recognizing.

Your approach the knowledge back to the time of the Academy of Fine Arts in Carrara, where you appassionasti of archeology and was fascinated by the world of symbolism, especially the West, for it then you get close you dedicated to anthropology and then in a adventurous route almost obligatory to all magical and esoteric sciences of antiquity.

Born under the sign of Capricorn, you have been our roots deep student of the arcane, talented artist, illustrator (with three more Tarot decks, posters, and books), all dedicated to the purpose of your existence: "to know. Enstusiasta You were a man of everything ever fanatic about anything, a free man in his thought.

You know dear brother, we've seen them used in the film "Monster-in-my mother-in-law" with the beautiful Jane Fonda (the mother-in-law) and J. Lopez (the daughter) that extracted a card from your deck and that was the knight, as you were always looking your Grail and Truth.

One of your sentence: Moving beyond symbols requires courage, because it means discovering the contents of that symbolism that make you question with your family, you have to make a comparison. You can find in front of a mirror and as you look through the symbol unveiled and read your story, your creation your future ...