TAROT APOKALYPSIS, Eric Dunne

Theta Choir

Jealous! Mine is still showing as out of stock.

Yep. Mine too. And the delivery estimate on my order is still saying "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Maybe I should use one of the many time-estimating tarot spread techniques to divine the delivery date? LOL

Or go back to waiting (im)patiently.

Tarotwolf

Well, I'm starting to think quality control is falling through the cracks at Lo Scarabeo. I received the Tarot Apokalypsis today and it's missing a card and has a duplicate of another! The exact same thing happened with the Thelema deck I got just a couple days ago. Amazon is easy to deal with on returns so they'll simply send out a replacement; but it's a let down after looking forward to this deck for so long.

On a brighter note - the deck is really cool!

desertrat

And today I got my email notification that the kit has shipped and it should arrive on 9/1!

Yours might arrive sooner than that - mine did - today!

I can't believe the size of the companion book (464pages) :bugeyed: and hardcover!. It's all so gorgeous. :heart: Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

rwcarter

Yours might arrive sooner than that - mine did - today!

I can't believe the size of the companion book (464pages) :bugeyed: and hardcover!. It's all so gorgeous. :heart: Hope everyone gets theirs soon.
Nope, mine didn't arrive today. There's always Monday.

rwcarter

It arrived today. But I'm way to beat to care and won't get a chance to really take a look at it until Sunday.

Theta Choir

It arrived today. But I'm way to beat to care and won't get a chance to really take a look at it until Sunday.

First, sorry to hear you're so beat, rwcarter. Especially since it sounds like you're not going to have any time to relax for a few more days yet. Hang in there!

Second, I got mine this past Friday. I've been fighting off some blah feelings recently, so I'm not nearly as excited as I usually am when I get a new deck. I actually didn't even open the box for several hours after I got it (which is very unusual for me...I'm usually practically ripping the package open with my teeth as I'm running upstairs to my apartment!).

I started looking through the deck and just felt a bit "meh" about it (and was even slightly annoyed and disappointed by how incredibly busy the suit of wands felt to me), but then I came to the suit of swords, and it made me smile. I just really like the whole "Viking" vibe they give off.

The hardcover book is, of course, beautiful. I'm slowly working my way through it, since my attention span is incredibly short when I'm in this kind of emotional head space.

If I sound less than enthused, it is truly not the deck's fault. Forging a connection with a deck while dealing with a depressive cycle is challenging at best, but I'm pretty confident that when the Wheel of Fortune drags me back up and out of this cycle, I'm going to really enjoy and appreciate this deck.

For what it's worth, I'm glad I didn't cancel my pre-order when I was pouting about the delayed delivery date earlier, lol.

Achlys

Mine finally came...I do like the deck. The book had some pages stuck together but luckily that was an easy fix. It seems pretty good so far.

rwcarter

I looked through mine last night. I was whelmed (neither over nor under, just whelmed). I had to look a few cards up in the book cause they made me go, "Huh?". The Hanged Man comes immediately to mind as he's standing. Upright. The book showed that Eric is focusing on a different kind of sacrifice. I can appreciate that. Maybe once I've looked through all the cards with the book in hand, I'll better appreciate the deck.

Maybe it's the lack of gilding, but this deck doesn't seem to be as opulent as the Illuminati is. It strikes me as being the not quite as pretty sister of the Illuminati. The Apokalypsis is a beauty in her own right, but when compared to her older sister, she fades into the background a little.

Job well done though, Eric, Kim and LoS!

Rodney

Slowflyingmonkey

Just got my copy and I'm still exploring the deck and book. But what am I meant to do with The All-Gifted? Is it to be used the same as any other major arcana card? Or is it meant to be used as a Significator only?

Alpha-Omega

Just got my copy and I'm still exploring the deck and book. But what am I meant to do with The All-Gifted? Is it to be used the same as any other major arcana card? Or is it meant to be used as a Significator only?

The All Gifted (Pandora) can be used as an additional Major.