tarot apps - what is your favourite/least preferred and why

momentarylight

I purchased the Isis Tarot de Marseille by Tadahiro Onuma on Sunday.

It is one of The Fool's Dog apps. He has really upped the bar with this one.

It is quite stunning. Crisp, light images and very acceptable interpretations. The entire manual is available with the app.

You get the story of how the artist worked with and developed the deck.

If you like the Marseille type and have an iPhone, you won't regret this purchase :)

ETA the web page: http://www.foolsdog.com/ISIS/

notjonathan

I use Beautiful Tarot / Tarot HD for iPhone and iPad.

I really like it and use it quite a bit for readings.

Thanks, I'm blushing! (I'm the author). There's new version coming out this week (a few minor updates, not the big set I've been working on for a while). If anyone on the forums would like to try out the current version with my compliments, here's a few free redeem codes:

ipad version:

ARKAWPLNJJXH
PMTFXNKFKNFA
HPRJH6F66WNR
NHNRKNNN6AAN

iphone version:

WKWKE4M7R7MH
F44FF94H3FJW
NNRFJYA4J9MT
NNNA33ALFHWP

You can redeem them here:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/freeProductCodeWizard

Best wishes,
-Jonathan

(if anyone else would like a redeem code, just PM me -- I have a few left)

GryffinSong

Another HUGE fan of The Fool's Dog apps for iPad (and iPhone).

They've done the following decks so far:

Prairie
Wildwood
Fellowship of the Fool
Rosetta
Steampunk (Moore)
Tarot of Trees
Holy Light
Wizards
Housewives
Ghosts and Spirits
Druidcraft
Romani
RWS
Druid Oracle Cards (both animal and plant are included, which can be used together or separately)

I simply love their interface, their features, and feel that they're the best tarot apps I've found. Most decks are $3.99. Tarot of Trees is only $2.99, Fellowship of the Fool is only $1.99, and there's a free sampler.

AJ

I'm a virgin iphone owner, just got it last week.
I'd go mad for a Greenwood app...
I can't even figure out how to get signed into the iphone store :)

It is a process, right? Like everything else in life.

GryffinSong

... It is a process, right? Like everything else in life.

Yes, and I seem to make the fastest progress when there's a young person around! LOL

angeltreats

I hope it's ok to bump an old thread, but I've just discovered that the Zombie Tarot app is available on the iPhone - exciting :D I was really hoping for this earlier in the year as I liked the Housewives app so much, but for various reasons hadn't checked for a while.

Lee

Lately I've been singing the praises of the Fool's Dog apps. I have four of them on my iPhone (Mythic, ISIS, Housewives, and International Icon).

But we should not forget Beautiful Tarot (by notjonathan, who is an AT member and who has posted in this thread). While the Fool's Dog apps are great from a functionality perspective, I believe Beautiful Tarot is unmatched when it comes to aesthetic experience. The look and feel of the app really is in a class by itself.

One advantage of Beautiful Tarot is that it allows you to enter your own card meanings. I took the summarized meanings from my latest favorite book (Tarot for Life by Paul Quinn) and entered them into Beautiful Tarot. It took a while to accomplish all that cut-and-pasting, but now I have a great tool for learning my chosen meanings, right on my iPhone, available to me any time of day.

notjonathan has posted here in the past that he's working on adding the capability of using our own card images, so that we can have whatever deck we'd like. I don't know if that's still in the works, but I hope so! Thanks notjonathan for creating and continuing to improve a fantastic app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beautiful-tarot/id320512305?mt=8

GryffinSong

I'm confused, Lee. The thing your link shows is the Under the Roses lenormand. Or is Beautiful tarot the software company name?

Lee

Hmm, how odd. When I click on the link it shows me the "iTunes Preview" page for the Beautiful Tarot app. I even tried it with a different browser and it does the same thing. Perhaps if you try again, or close your browser and reopen it?

angeltreats

The link definitely opens the Beautiful Tarot app when I click it.