TAROT Deck - Completely Revised Sola Busca from XV Century

seven stars

Question for sb fans

Working on SB two point O here....

There are lots of cards in this deck that I changed but there is one card in particular, the Nine of Pentacles....

What an interesting work in the Sola Busca deck...however....what a quandry for modern interpretations. Tarot historians seem to think what he meant by this was "Money or advantage taken from others. Careers built on the backs of workers." I don't know about you but I really totally associate this card with more of an RWS interpretation, that of luxury, enjoying success, leisure, material comfort.....I don't think I can draw that meaning out of the firey image SB stuck in that spot.

So, if you guys had your choice, would you rather me come up with something totally new for this deck & more like what I did with the 10 of swords (which was a lot of cut/paste) or, is there some other card that you think more closely fits the imagery of SB's 9 of Pentacles? Which card? Should I toss this image entirely? This is really the last card I'm "stuck" with and input from people would be appreciated, otherwise, I'll just wing it. What would you like to see?

Attachments

• 9 Coins SB.jpg
    9 Coins SB.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 10 swords SB.jpg
    10 swords SB.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 133
  • RWS 9 Coins.jpg
    RWS 9 Coins.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 128

seven stars

new 9 of coins

Revising 9 of Coins, even though the old image was pretty cool.

Attachments

• 9 Coins SB.jpg
    9 Coins SB.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 133

Nina*

Hi Seven Stars
I'm wondering (since I ordered this deck from Etsy 11 days ago) what I'll get.... the deck as it first was or isn't it shipped and I'll get the changed cards as well?

:)

seven stars

Nina, I will send you a second deck. Keep the first one. I get free shipping this week to Denmark anyway, so, I want you to have this one I'm working on. Maybe you can tell me if you like the improvements over the first edition?

rylla

Revising 9 of Coins, even though the old image was pretty cool.

As you mentioned, the old image was pretty cool too, but I like the Revisited more...in my mind the 9 of coins has the meaning of 9 of coins from RW.

greatdane

I agree, I love the latest nine pents the most!

The previous was fine, but somehow the latest is even cooler :).

Nina*

Nina, I will send you a second deck. Keep the first one. I get free shipping this week to Denmark anyway, so, I want you to have this one I'm working on. Maybe you can tell me if you like the improvements over the first edition?

Yes, I love what I've seen of the improvements and already love what you did to (for instance) the Empress.

That is SO sweet of you - thank you! :heart:

MoonGypsy

Yes...:) i can definitely see now, that i will be wanting this deck, too!
[i have a Deck of the Bastard soon to be on the way...!]:heart:

And when this new "revised revision" of the Sol Busca is ready for purchase....;) i will try to make sure i am Paypal ready. :D

seven stars

god i love you guys. It's true I need the money & I want to sell decks but honestly it really means a lot more to me to have people actually care about & like what I'm working on. I bought 4 decks of the first version for myself to have in case anyone wants one when I'm doing a reading & now I'm thinking I need to like, nix these & do the new version. It may not be perfect but it's a lot better, I think. Trying anyway. I worked on it all day today, I just need to have it finished in time to do the free international shipping (that ends on the 21st) & I think I can do that. Some other changes: I think I need to change the 2 of cups because it really looks a hella lot like the ace of cups & that's annoying. And the two of cups is just such a great card translation-wise, it deserves some umph or somethin.