Tarot Dice - I just received a set

Papageno

Solitaire* said:
I've wanted some of these for the longest time! I think they'd be great fun, especially for using with kids. Is there a name of the company on the box somewhere? I could contact them if all else fails.

Tarotocy Inc.

I'll PM the address to you. this thread is almost becoming an advertisement which might be a big no no but you can get it through that woman on eBay and mine came through just fine, unless you need to buy quantity.

I haven't done a reading with it yet using the mat but it seems like the dice could be very versatile......but I want to watch my new horror video first.
cardiwen is waiting for a review :D

willowfox

They look like fun, can you please let us know if they are of any practical use though.

Papageno

willowfox said:
They look like fun, can you please let us know if they are of any practical use though.

honestly, I prefer the cards.

the instructions recommend that you jumble the dice inside the large plastic tube which makes a bit of a racket.......then empty the contents of the tube onto the mat and place the dice on the numbered squares in the order in which the dice came out of the tube :rolleyes:.....not very practical. flawed in both theory and practice.

So, I decided to pull a few dice out of the Tarot bag in Rune fashion but my bag isn't big enough to get my hand into.....so I emptied all the dice into a very large plastic storage baggie and pulled a few dice that way.

the reading was mediocre at best......probably because I wasn't feeling entirely comfortable with this method of selecting the dice and in the back of my mind I was questioning the practicality of the whole process, so it was a bad beginning from the start.

I think this will appeal more to people who work regularly with Runes .

for the moment this will remain more of a novelty to experiment with in my spare time until I develop a workable system I'm comfortable with.........maybe LOL

shadowdancer

can you post an ISBN number?
thanks

Davina

willowfox

Papageno said:
So, I decided to pull a few dice out of the Tarot bag in Rune fashion but my bag isn't big enough to get my hand into.....so I emptied all the dice into a very large plastic storage baggie and pulled a few dice that way.

I think this will appeal more to people who work regularly with Runes .

The problem I see when you use them like runes, dipping in the bag and pulling one out, is how do you know what face is in the up position, as dice have six faces to chose from, whereas runes have only one face? I can see this method leading to all sorts of doubts and inaccuracies.

gregory

Watch the overseas postage. I was almost going to buy a set from e-bay - till I saw the postage - over $70 to the UK. I have gone RIGHT OFF THEM !

Papageno

willowfox said:
The problem I see when you use them like runes, dipping in the bag and pulling one out, is how do you know what face is in the up position, as dice have six faces to chose from, whereas runes have only one face? I can see this method leading to all sorts of doubts and inaccuracies.

well that's it, or at least part of it......LOL

I suspect Shamans who cast bones and stones will have no problem with this system lol.

it's not that you can't work with the dice, the problem arises from the creators attempt to use the dice in the same way as cards which is not practical......I seriously think they simply have to be cast out of the bag and read that way....that's why I say Shamans can work with this method best.........you have to train yourself all over again to adapt to a new system, a new way to read.

Papageno

gregory said:
Watch the overseas postage. I was almost going to buy a set from e-bay - till I saw the postage - over $70 to the UK. I have gone RIGHT OFF THEM !

that's outrageous, is it the same seller from my link?

Papageno

shadowdancer said:
can you post an ISBN number?
thanks

Davina

sorry I can't find it.....don't see it at all

Glass Owl

starrystarrynight said:
And depending upon how you look at tarot (as a tool to bring forward one's intuition, etc.--which is my take on the subject), even though certain combinations would be impossible to get in a throw, I think the ones that do come up could very well give accurate readings...much the same as reading straws or corn flakes or whatever would do.

I may have to get me some of them...hehe
I'm wondering if instead of using dice, small flat stones or pieces of wood with just one card represented on each one would be an even better choice since it would allow all the combinations. Tarot "runes" I guess.