Tarot for missing people?

Storm82

anyone tried laying down cards for person that is missing?

nisaba

Yeah. I found it unhelpful, but that was probably because I wasn't personally connected with the missing person.

celticnoodle

anyone tried laying down cards for person that is missing?

Yes, I have a few times. It also proved helpful and, I also wasn't personally connected to the family. I recall one case in which I used the cards and also had visions of a little boy that was lost. Not that the family or police who were looking for him were contacted by me, but later, it came to be a very accurate reading.

I also believe there is/was a thread here on AT some years ago where we would use tarot to help 'find' lost people and things. I can't recall how long ago--but perhaps a search would help you, and I'd think it would be in the divination thread.

lark

I helped find a missing dog once.

celticnoodle

I helped find a missing dog once.

I think I remembered that, Lark. Didn't you post about it here? :) Or perhaps you just shared it with me outside of A.T.

lark

I think I remembered that, Lark. Didn't you post about it here? :) Or perhaps you just shared it with me outside of A.T.
I don't think I posted about it.
I think I told you when we were in circle.
But if anyone is interested I will...I wish I would have saved the card lay out to look back on now.

celticnoodle

yeah, I hear ya.

I think I just asked questions and threw the cards. I'm not usually one to use spreads, except for when I use oracles, but sometimes not even then.

It is interesting how cards and other divination tools can also work to help in this way.

LindaMechele

I'd love to hear about it, Lark. Especially the spread you used. How many cards, what did the positions signify, anything else you'd like to tell.

lark

I'd love to hear about it, Lark. Especially the spread you used. How many cards, what did the positions signify, anything else you'd like to tell.

Well I don't remember if I used a spread....but I do remember some of the cards that came up.

I got a call from my DIL that her friends Chihuahua was missing from the yard.
Would I do a reading about it?
So the girl called me and we did a reading over the phone.

Right away from the outcome card I could see she would find him.... 6 of wands
But there was the 7 of swords that made me feel he was stolen...or at least picked up and no attempt was being made to find the rightful owner...this was confirmed by the fact that she told me the humane society or the police had not had any calls.

There was a Queen and a Page....I saw this as a woman and her son...
Also the 9 of Pentacles this card floated up and told me it was very important.... and where the dog would be found...and the Page would have a big part in bringing it about.
I told her that the 9 of pents. was a place where there were birds and small animals possibly a vet...or someone who had other animals...I saw a bird cage in a window...
That the Page would let it be known that the dog was stolen..and the Queen was the one holding the dog....
(Sorry I can't remember what Queen it was, but I think the page was the Page of Wands.)

That's all I can remember.

A few weeks went by and I would ask if the dog was found, but no efforts to find him had brought him home.

Then she got a call from HER vet...he had her dog!!!!!

This is how it all played out.
A couple in the neighborhood found the dog and even though they knew who it belonged to they gave it to a woman friend of theirs.
The dog got very sick with diarrhea, so bad that the dog had to see a vet.
By the very synchronicity of coincidence she brought the dog to see the vet that the original owner used.
The vet recognized the dog and very cleverly asked her some questions about the dogs health history, shots etc.
And she knew nothing...
The woman's son was with her and he blurted out.."It isn't her dog anyway, she stole it."
The woman then changed her story and said she found it and beat a hasty retreat and left the dog with the vet.
Oh the dog was micro chipped so it was confirmed who he belonged to by the vet also.

Anyway this lost doggie story had a happy ending.
And taught me a new meaning for 9 of pents...vet or someone who works with animals.
Also in talking with the owner she said the window of the vet had a poster that was divided into 4's in one square was a picture of a puppy...one a kitten ...one a gerbil... and one a bird in a cage.
Pretty cool when that happens..:)

LindaMechele

That is awesome! In the real meaning of the word before the teenagers corrupted it! (Get of my lawn! ;)) Thank goodness for quick-thinking vets and talkative kids.

That's really amazing how accurate you were. Gah, I love it when that happens.

So what did your DIL and her friend say later, after the dog was found? Hopefully the words "badass tarot reader" were in there.