Tarot No-Nos

HudsonGray

The artist blocks will come, but you'll get past them if you just treat it as time to shift gears and do something different for a while.

So long as your images match the meanings, there won't be any problems. You don't have to do a clone of what everyone else has done, but the picture does need to get the main meaning across somehow.

mythos

I am amazed by your work and your ability to capture the meaning of the cards so succinctly. I'm an old crone from pre-computer days so I tend you be too instantly dismissive of computer art ... but I know that is about me, not about the work involved. I 'know' internally that regardless of what medium you use, the creative process occurs, and it is 'work'. Me, I paint on canvas ... you work on the computer. There are few computer decks which attract me but I love yours. Work how you want, creating what feels right for you - borders/no borders? = your choice, same with how you encapsulate the symbolic meaning of each card. Whatever you do ... keep doing it, it is great!

mythos:)

euripides

very nice. I like the way the people gaze at the viewer, its a little confronting but engaging... interesting. The only one that troubles me is the death card - it is so like my son I'd find it hard to come across in a reading without freaking out. It says 'death' to me, not 'change'. But apart from that its a beautiful image. I like the way you've reflected the candle in the Magician, overall its a cool card....

cheers
Helen

Lillie

As far as I'm concerned, death should mean death.
maybe other stuff too. but it's called death.

Anyhow. Fonts.
I just wanted to say that if I remember correctly the Aquarian uses different fonts on different cards.
And that has been in print for decades.

I can't be bothered to dig in the box to check, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

Your cards are very striking, by the way.
And very original.

Lost girl

Thanks

mythos said:
I am amazed by your work and your ability to capture the meaning of the cards so succinctly. I'm an old crone from pre-computer days so I tend you be too instantly dismissive of computer art ... but I know that is about me, not about the work involved. I 'know' internally that regardless of what medium you use, the creative process occurs, and it is 'work'. Me, I paint on canvas ... you work on the computer.

mythos:)
My mother is a watercolorist and does great detailed work but my hands aren't steady enough to do detailed work with a brush. Plus my train of thought tends to be scattered and the cards usually change as I am creating them. The computer software lets me work in layers so that I can move and change my images as well as hide layers so that I am not distracted by them when I want to focus on other areas.

Mabuse

A Tarot Yes-Yes!

Visconti images for the Trumps and Sola Busca imagry for the minors. Finally, a "classic" deck with scenic pips;)

Asradel

The Love card is wonderful, Holly. It looks very "today" - I love the tattoos on the characters. I don't think I've ever seen that anywhere.

Keep up the great work. I am very much enjoying watching them. What's next? Do you know?

Your No. 1 Fan,

Az

rl4ever

Lost girl; haven’t had time yet to red the whole thread, but what I’ve seen of your cards are incredible. So meaningful and moving! I’m in process of making my own deck; photo collages, using Adobe Photo Shop (as soon as I set up a site for them, I’ll post a link to it). I’m sure, having seen and been inspired by the beauty and emotion of your cards, my next few will be all the more inspired. Very different from yours; but if I can even come close to the purity and intensity your cards display, I’ll be grateful. Thanks for sharing!

victoria.star

Striking images

I viewed your cards and I just had to tell you that your strength card, the "say no to war" one, is very good.
I also like the death card quite a bit and the moon, too.
Your pictures will stay in my mind, I am certain. Rock on!
p.s. I personally am drawn to borderless cards.

rebecca-smiles

I have just read this thread (I especially like the modern version), and the last but one post was writen a while ago. So...how are the cards coming along? how are you finding the journey?