Tarot of a Moon Garden - Opinions? :-)

G6

Yay!!!

Okay, just got the vintage Tarot of a Moon Garden today and it's AWESOME! :) Especially because it's 1st Edition, nice print job/card stock! This deck actually looks better in person than online. I do wonder though, as someone else mentioned, what a bigger borderless version would look like. I think that would be the way to go with any new editions.

I was on the fence about this deck, but I'm happy I gave it a chance! :)

agviz

The borders, and that my printing isn't terribly sharp and lacks contrast, stopped me from liking this deck. It's a shame because I do enjoy the whimsical artwork which feels part children's book and part black light poster.

The visual style reminds me of the Jolanda which I really like. Here again there are big borders (which I trimmed), but I find the artwork sharper and more vibrant.

G6

The borders, and that my printing isn't terribly sharp and lacks contrast, stopped me from liking this deck. It's a shame because I do enjoy the whimsical artwork which feels part children's book and part black light poster.

The visual style reminds me of the Jolanda which I really like. Here again there are big borders (which I trimmed), but I find the artwork sharper and more vibrant.

Hmm, I wouldn't say that about my print. What year is yours? There is a softness in the images, BUT they also seem to have varying points of sharpness. The people seem more soft than objects. Again though, the border is weird because it is so sharp it draws more attention to it competing with the card images themselves. I don't think I should think about this much more or I might change my mind on how I feel about the deck as a whole.

I think a new borderless edition would help BIG TIME. :)

I'd love a copy of Jolanda or Swedish Witch Tarot! :)

MagsStardustBlack

I bought this for my daughter. However I adore it also. The images and borders are beautiful. It is sweet and wistful but I also see a darker side in it, depends on your perspective.

G6

The box says copyright 1994 and 2010, the LWB says copyright 1993, and both are printed in China.

Agreed!

I'm pretty happy with mine it's 1993 printed in Belgium. Maybe try an older copy if you like the deck.