Tarot of the old path second edition?

Featherflight

I was in my local shoppe yesterday and saw an interesting deck titled "tarot of the old path". There seemed to be two versions, with different box cover designs but the same creators. Does anyone know if there are two editions and if so, are the illustrations different for the later edition? I was able to see an opened copy of the earlier edition but can't find anything about the other later deck.

Also, I'd love to hear any thoughts or impressions you have on this deck.

Thanks!

rwcarter

The other side of Aeclectic says the deck is published by US Games. I have a 1990 edition from AGMueller and a 1991 edition from Urania Verslags AG according to my database.

Rodney

Emily

I was in my local shoppe yesterday and saw an interesting deck titled "tarot of the old path". There seemed to be two versions, with different box cover designs but the same creators. Does anyone know if there are two editions and if so, are the illustrations different for the later edition? I was able to see an opened copy of the earlier edition but can't find anything about the other later deck.

Also, I'd love to hear any thoughts or impressions you have on this deck.

Thanks!

Did you see both deck and box in the flesh because sometimes online they put the image of the book up instead of the deck. I bought the deck back in 2005 and because of a mix up in images ended up with two books to go with it. And even now if you search Amazon they will put images of the book up instead of the deck or the deck and not the book.

The only other version that I know of was the OOP version that was highlighted in silver, and its been OOP for a long time.

rwcarter

Thanks for the replies. The boxes I saw had covers like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9f/c8/09/9fc8096a0a688d24dec8d814200d35c8.jpg

And this:https://www.usgamesinc.com/images/T/xctmpL86PsA.png

Maybe the are just different box images for the same deck?
So, yes, it looks like USG is distributing a newer printing of the deck. That would probably be the third edition, but without having that deck myself I can't compare it to either of the editions I do have.

Rodney

Featherflight

So, yes, it looks like USG is distributing a newer printing of the deck. That would probably be the third edition, but without having that deck myself I can't compare it to either of the editions I do have.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney! I appreciate the help🙂