Parallel Worlds Tarot

Lee

I just saw the Parallel Worlds Tarot in the ATF Newsletter and ordered it. The art style looks similar to the Bright Idea Deck but I think I like the Parallel Worlds art better.

The art style is a little basic but I like generic-ness of it. Many of the cards have interesting and creative touches on them. I really like the scuba divers on the Moon card. I also rather like the mix of clothing styles, it gives it a dreamlike quality.

Anyone else intrigued?

Metafizzypop

I like the style of it. I agree the art is basic, but it does have atmosphere. I find it very eerie. Looks like it was done on a computer, but I'm not sure.

I like the Moon card, too. But the Devil scares me. Though I've always had a fear of clowns anyway.

avalonian

I was intrigued enough to buy it and I really like it. Lovely and bright, some nice little "twists" on some of the cards, love the Strength Card.

The cardstock, by the way, is lovely quality, and the "LWB" has some lovely interpretations.

:) :) :)

Lee

I received this deck a few days ago.

I like it. The artist, Astrid Amadori, is a competent illustrator and I like how she draws people, with expressive faces and postures, all with a nice economy of line. I think the images were colored on a computer, and I like this as well, the evenness of the colors goes well with the very efficient draftsmanship.

Cardstock and overall production is indeed superlative. My guess is Astrid went to one of the big deck printers like Cartamundi/AGM.

As avalonian says, there are lots of twists and interesting nooks and crannies. The card titles and images are influenced by RWS of course but seem more influenced by the Golden Dawn. I also agree with Metafizzypop, the images are very atmospheric.

In some ways I'm reminded of the Connolly in the way that the images seem mysterious and suggestive but also sometimes puzzling. Also like the Connolly, this deck seems to place an emphasis on a spiritual viewpoint.

On the negative side, I think sometimes she strives too hard to create images that illustrate several of the listed meanings and also, at the same time, contain ambiguous and possibly contradictory elements. That's a lot to pack into an image, and sometimes the result seems forced or too jumbled.

I'd recommend this deck for readers who'd like something GD-oriented and well-illustrated, with some surprising twists. I wouldn't call it out-of-the-box readable; you'd probably want to spend some time going through each card with the LWB to familiarize yourself with the artist's viewpoint.

I'm thoroughly immersed in Lenormand right now so I don't really have time to give this deck the attention it deserves. On the shelf it goes, but I'll almost certainly come back to it in the future and do a little study with it and see how it reads.

Melancholia

Hello guys, I just found this small thread about my deck and I just wanted to say thanks! I hope you have time to play with the deck from time to time and enjoy it :) Greetings from Vienna!

gregory

I love it. It reads really well :)

Mistteak

Oh Dear .. :p

Oh Dear, I read the title and Saw Parelli .. I am way to obsessed with horses .. thinking, wow they finally made a horse deck!!

But I did re-look at the deck, and it looks kinda cool.

Melancholia

... oh my attempts to learn how to ride fizzled years ago! :) And since then I am even afraid of horses, so - I think I will create another Tarot deck, but never with horses...

Tanga

I like that is has GD labels plastered on it and that the artwork is bold and clear (all the better for me to get more familiar with a GD vision)

I love the twists in the interpretations - and the expressions on the characters faces.
That Page of Wands (called 'Squire of Wands') - think I've just about fallen in love with him - waltzing through a molten landscape in a Russian-style long coat. He has a 'Spock-like' raised eyebrow, as if to say "So what??". When I look at him I hear that song "Walk through the Fire" - from the Musical episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Lol.

Melancholia

Oh yes :)
... To make my way across the flame
To save the day
or maybe melt away...