Tarot of the Sidhe Aces complete!

Sidhe-Ra

Just painting the Aces from this Tarot has been a very interesting artistic experience in itself- trying to capture an element on paper!

First-and SO persisently-came The Warrior-Fire. He was just smashing against the inside of my head until I had to give up on the other things I was meant to be doing, and bring him out into being. Also true to the nature of Fire, the image came out in very expressive strokes, very quickly, struggling to keep control of the paint!

http://ecarding.photosite.com/Album1/Fire_The_warrior_tarot_small.html

Next came The Dancer-Water. I thought I had a very clear idea of how this image was to look, and certainly had no intention of the traditional cup appearing! But again, the element manifested itself through the process, and the painting continually changed as it came into being- a cery 'fluid' creature indeed!

http://ecarding.photosite.com/Album1/Water__The_Dancer_Tarot_Small.html

Then there was the element of Air, and the card 'The Dreamer'. I had a precise vision of how this card was to look, the composition, the colours-everything. And that is exactly what ended up on paper! A clear vision indeed- again very true to the element.

http://ecarding.photosite.com/Album1/Air_The_dreamer_tarotsmall_.html

And finally,(just completed!), the Maker-Earth. Normally I produce a painting in a day or two at most,(in this media anyway), but this baby has INSISTED on taking it's time! I think i must have been working on this one for about a week or so? A little bit here, a little bit there- no need to hurry- working and re-working. Quite unlike me, but very like Earth!

http://ecarding.photosite.com/Album1/The_Maker_small.html

So there you are! What fun I have had- only 52 cards to go... but I have to take a break now. I've run out of paper!

Blessings,

Em

Unknownspirit

All four of them look great.
But I like The Warrior the best. I bet it's because I'm a leo. I can feel the passion and the power coming from this card.
And I like that in the water card, the cup is the reflection. That's such a lovely idea.
I enjoy the perceptive of the of the earth card. It comes across as a grounded feeling.
The texture of the air card is wonderful! The best part of this card is the hair and it looks like clouds.

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks!

Being a Leo may be it- I like the Dreamer best, and I'm Aquarian!

meikochan

These are gorgeous paintings! I really adore the colour usage and just the surrealism of them.

I'm going to be a little bit of a nit-pick here... Papyrus??? Maybe just a simple, softer typeface.... with serif might work nicer. I actually find the words to be rather big and overpowering. The images are so strong in themselves, I actually would question if you could do some experimentation with the size of the white bar above and below the image and perhaps just a smaller type, serif typeface?

I don't know... papyrus does seem to suit but I feel its rather big. Trying to help a little bit nn;

^actually, I take it back. I relooked at the images...
Size feels just fine... just would be curious to see this in a different typeface... nn;

Sidhe-Ra

Hi Meikochan! Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

And thanks for the advice, too. You may well be right, but I'm not great with subtle...I've used this font to be consistent with the Majors, which have a black border with white writing,(and its too late to change them!), but changed the polarity in order to give the reader a good idea of the proportion of majors to minors at a glance.

Do you think putting the element in capitals is a bit O.T.T? I think I mainly did that to make it clear that they are the Aces, as I have clearly not used the traditional suits, or even labeled them as aces.

Also, there's a funny co-incidence in my using Papyrus. I had already created quite a few cards, when I went back to John Matthew's book about the Sidhe which originally sparked my inspiration, but that I hadn't looked at for some time. The whole thing is written in papyrus!

Anyway, thank you for your advice! What does everyone else think?

meikochan

Ah, I see what you're doing.
(didn't look at the majors nn; )
I think because you have the capital numbers on the top, and the name of the card on the bottom perhaps you could do the same with these ones. Have the element on the top and the name such as "The Warrior" at the bottom in a similar fashion?

Its a good decision to use the bar differentiation for the two decks. Would be a very, very dark deck without some white. (unless you want it to be dark. lol)

If you can find a different typeface that you do feel works better, go for it. =D You have a very beautiful deck! I admire your use of colours.

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks Meikochan!

I did think about doing it that way round, but when it comes to the rest of the Minors, I'm planning on having keywords at the bottom, and suit and number on the top, e.g 'Dancer Two' (at the top), 'Soulmates', (at the bottom), and I'd like the Aces to be consistent with that.

But I may well have a play around now you've mentioned it- ta! :)

mythos

I am in love.:love: I so don't get the Aces in their more traditional forms. These bring the energy to life. So creative, evocative ...relateable to. (Yes, I know 'relateable' isn't a word, but I just made it up!) So in love with these images. You are a star Em,

mythos:)

bleuivy

These cards are so lovely! I can really feel the energy associated with each card. Like mythos, I think I'm in love! I think I like the Dancer the most, but I love all four of these cards.

I cannot wait to see more!

Chronata

OMIGODS!
These are so gorgeous!

I love every single one of them...it's way too hard to pick a favorite!

Your titles are so perfect...so delightful!
I can relate to them all!

I keep thinking the next one I see is even better than the last...but then I looked at them all again...and again!

Oh I so want...NEED... to have a copy of this deck when you have them published!

Brilliant work!