Tarot of Trees OR Wild Unknown

KristinCali

I hope this is posted in the right place. I decided to get my first self-published deck, as I'm very unhappy with the quality of decks lately, especially LoS. Now I can't decide between Tarot of Trees by Dana Driscoll or The Wild Unknown, which seems more popular. The thing is, these are 2 very different decks! One is colorful and one is mostly black and white. I guess I'm asking opinions on how they read. Or if anybody happens to have both if they could tell me how each one feels in comparison to each other! Thanks ahead of time :)

karen0205

They are different too in the fact that the Wild Unknown has a few cards that depict
some violence, have you seen all the cards in both decks? That might help you
decide. Maybe someone who has both can scan some for you? I only have the
Wild Unknown. I don't have a copy of the Trees deck.
They are both beautiful decks. I haven't used the Tarot of the Trees so I can't comment
on that.

Bluefeet

Get both if you can! I have boh and I love them. :love: They are indeed very different decks, both are breathtakingly beautiful, however, if card stock and packaging are your main concerns than go for the Wild Unknown. Tarot of the Trees does have good card stock but the overall quality and presentation of the Wild Unknown is definetly superior to many other self published decks.

journeyinghome

I have the Tarot of the Trees app. I went for that because I was unsure if I wanted the deck. It is lovely but so far I haven't bought the actual deck.
As for the Wild Unknown, I decided against it because of the 10 of Swords card.

kellyshay

I only have the Wild Unknown Tarot..At first I contemplate on whether i should buy it or not for a very long time..months!
The reason being is one: the cost is too high for me...two: The shipping takes a long time (im in New Zealand and a very impatient person) three: I dont know if ill be able to read the deck!

But after reading the wild unknown thread over and over again and doing a lot of research of different reviews online, it got me really excited about it..so i went for it!

And I'm so glad I did!!!

It came in a very nice sturdy box..and cards are very study and has a matt finish..very easy to shuffle..but you cant riffle shuffle them because they are sturdy and thick for it..but normal shuffling is great..I've done around 7-10readings on it and not once it left me confused...it gives VERY clear reading I love it!
It is now my main reading deck...You won't regret going for it :)

magpie9

Wild Unknown hands down. Tarot of Trees is very pretty, but Wild Unknown Is Deep.

KristinCali

@karen0205 Yes I've checked out most of the cards in both decks and I seem to love all of them equally.

@EnchantedShadow Thank you, very helpful!

@journeyinghome The app is only on Apple devices right now, and I have a droid :( Yeah I agree that is a rather unpleasant card. It doesn't deter me though!

@kellyshay Cost is a factor for me too, $40 will be a big splurge for my poor self hahaha. Thank you for your helpful response.

@magpie9 I have heard that many times now! Hmmm, very convincing...

Juliana

I only have the Wild Unknown, but it is an amazing deck. One of my favorites. I was intrigued by the images I saw online, but wasn't sure about buying it. I finally did on a whim, and WOW! I am so happy I did. It just speaks to me in a way that no other deck has. As others have said, it is a deep deck. I think there is something about its simple color scheme that just calms my mind and puts me in touch with my thoughts. I truly cherish it and it is the only deck that I have considered buying a back up of because I don't know what I would do if I lost my copy.