Tarot on Indiegogo - anyone else seen this?

Tippyjane

I wrote her on Etsy and she was very accommodating. There was a small additional shipping charge, but I changed my order to the larger deck easily. Hooray! Such a gorgeous deck.

aquestionmark

The deck came today in the mail and I can honestly say I am happy with the standard edition. The cards are printed beautifully and I end up forgetting about the borders. I am excited to hear what others think when they receive their standard and large edition decks.

I am glad this deck does not shy away from nudity and facial hair.. this sounds strange but there are definitely not many decks I've seen that include facial hair..

daphne

The deck came today in the mail and I can honestly say I am happy with the standard edition. The cards are printed beautifully and I end up forgetting about the borders. I am excited to hear what others think when they receive their standard and large edition decks.

I am glad this deck does not shy away from nudity and facial hair.. this sounds strange but there are definitely not many decks I've seen that include facial hair..

Would you think the black borders were a better choice then white? It looks like it from the etsy pictures.

aquestionmark

Would you think the black borders were a better choice then white? It looks like it from the etsy pictures.

I can only go off of the pictures of the black version but I think either version would be a great choice.

I really like the eyes in the borders of the white deck, each iris color changes with the suit. In the black deck, the actual eyeball color changes and for some reason, it isn't as appealing to me. Of course, usually bigger cards are better for displaying the art of a deck... and smaller cards are more portable and easier to handle..

The cardstock is slick and seems it will be durable. At this point, I have been flipping through the deck, admiring each card, there are so many colors in this deck and not in an overwhelming way. The decks vibrancy has a calming effect and the I can see how it took the artist so long to complete. Her art is earthy yet full of color..

rwcarter

Mine arrived today. I'll need to look over the cards again, but my initial impression is that there's a lot of wasted space on the cards, leaving a pretty small image. As an Indiegogo backer who waited almost 2 years for this project to see the light of day, I wish I'd been given the option of purchasing the larger deck for an additional cost.

Tarotwolf

Mine also arrived today. I think the deck overall is well conceived and executed. I like the white version better than the photos of the black (but then I would probably like it too). The wasted space around the image doesn't bother me any, although I could see why it would some people; and the card stock is really nice which makes shuffling enjoyable.

The majors have RWS styled images, more or less, while the minors have a distinctly Thothy syle going on. After buying several decks lately which turned out to be real duds, it's nice to have a deck like this come along and reaffirm that quality decks are still being independently produced. A big thumbs up for me!

rwcarter

I was able to trade my smaller deck with someone for their larger deck (thanks!), and I must say that the larger format does more justice to the art. There's also much less wasted space than in the smaller deck. It probably also helps that with the black background the art seems to jump off the card while the white background seems to swallow the art.

Now that I can better see the art, my favorite cards are:

• Lovers
  • 3 Cups
  • 4 Disks
  • 8 Swords
  • 10 Swords
Another in my stack of gateway decks to the Thoth. Now to find the time....

Rodney

Electric Maenad

I got mine and it's really a lovely deck, although I prefer the geometric / animal cards to the ones with human figures, which seem a bit stiff. Nice cardstock, good size, and the back and border design with a central eye is quite striking. Think I'll stick with Kickstarter in future though, as at least half the projects I've backed on Indiegogo have finished far later than originally promised.