Tarot Pointer; have you got yours?

Le Fanu

So I posted in the "What's the postman bringing you" thread about how the postman was bringing me a Tarot Pointer...
zan_chan said:
Tarot Pointer?? Whatnow?...
rachelcat said:
Pointer??? Inquiring minds want to know more!
So I thought I might as well explain here.

Here is the Tarot Pointer I have on the way and it was Herzog who pointed me (ok, ok, but what other word can I use?) in the right direction.

The indispensible accessory for the tarot table. Any distinguished tarot reader of note really should have one. I suppose it's like a wand really, Oh but I love the idea of flourishing this at a reading, pointing out details, focusing on and tracing similarities. And I'm IDS-ing with Dodal right now so not really buying decks, or rather not wanting to get excited over buying decks, but an accessory like this is the perfect guilt-free tarot purchase and just looks so beautiful & I am indebted to Herzog... It is part of the kit for embarking on a Dodal IDS.

cardlady22

Mine must be (or have a) crystal/gem, I think. :p
Oh, must dash off and "speak" with kaleanna . . .

MrAndrewJ

Oh neat! I actually have some of those laying around for, um, other reasons.

It never occurred to me to use any of them in a reading. But if the chance ever presents itself then I'll have to give that a shot.

Attachments

• magic-wands-sm.jpg
    magic-wands-sm.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 395

Anam Cara

Thanks for sharing Le Fanu, I was wondering too!

No need for me to order a pointer, I don't think...
my bodhran tipper should work just fine!

But thank you for "pointing" us in the direction of
a fabulous website! FUN!

ETA: LOVE the FeeJee Mermaid! hahahahahahah!!! :D

:heart:Cara

rachelcat

Thanks for enlightening us! It is lovely. I tend to do a lot of pointing at cards when I read for someone. And here I've been using my own finger like a sucker!

Le Fanu

Any wand would work, I suppose, on reflection, but I like the "totally wooden" aspect of this one. Does anyone out there use their crystal-tipped wand for reading with as a pointer?

punchinella

Some ideas:

here

and here

and here (see "Russian Spindles" in the middle of this page.)

Some nostepinnes might work too although they're generally on the blunt side.

ETAsk: would using this be sacrilege?

Noelle

In a large layout spread or when teaching tarot a pointer 'might' have a use, but a too sharp pointer could damage the cards. Fingertips don't, unless one has unmanicured or long nails.

Anam Cara

punchinella said:
Some ideas:

here

and here

and here (see "Russian Spindles" in the middle of this page.)

Some nostepinnes might work too although they're generally on the blunt side.

ETAsk: would using this be sacrilege?
Ooh! I'd LOVE the Torah pointer,
but those spindles... ouch!
Be careful, or you'll end up like Sleeping Beauty :heart:

The spindles reminded me of my vintage lace maker's bobbins (like these....)
http://www.lacemaking.com/images/AntiqueEnglishBobbins.htm
they would work too, and no risk of puncture! ;)

:heart:Cara

nisaba

The one with the turned handle lying over the TdM reminds me delightfully of a conductor's baton. I have a crystal wand about 15cm long tipped with clear quartz but where the entire shaft is mixed/banded jasper (red, green, grey and brown), which would probably make a nice pointer. Trouble is, I just automatically pick up cards and turn them to face the querent! <laughter> I suspect it'd just lie on my table, fallow and neglected.