Tarot Sensei-Jyutsu

truelighth

QueenofPentacles said:
I must be psychic, I emailed him (her?) today asking about this deck!

LOL! Well, you must indeed be. It is a she and she can't always get what you want straight away. But she will keep a look-out. I got the wonderful Japanese Cat tarot by asking her.

Diseree

In Japan, the deck for domestic market is not so popular. I dunno this deck until reading this thread, lol. This deck is already out-of-print. Auction is the only way to get it.

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u7351858
:: Only 700 yen (6USD). Disappointedly, the seller will not ship to the foreign country.

jackdaw*

Thanks for the link (and the further temptation!) Diseree. Too bad they won't ship to Canada ... and too bad I can't read Japanese! :(

I have sent you a PM.

jackdaw*

mau-e does have this deck. But the price is scary. So no go :(

jackdaw*

Just had to bump this up; a very kind AT'er in Japan purchased it for me and I got it on Tuesday :D

It's lovely. It really is. The lines are so nice and clean, and there's enough variation in some of the cards to make this not just another RWS clone. I love the Death card. But I haven't had the time yet to play with it and figure out what to make of the two extra cards ...

truelighth

Congrats QoP! I also really like this deck. I think it is one of the prettiest Japanese decks out there. And you are right, it is not a mere RWS clone, but close enough to work with if you only use the RWS. Glad you could get a copy after all.

gregory

truelighth said:
LOL! Well, you must indeed be. It is a she and she can't always get what you want straight away. But she will keep a look-out. I got the wonderful Japanese Cat tarot by asking her.
That IS the same one as Neko's House yes ? I just got that from another ATer..... LOVELY !

truelighth

gregory said:
That IS the same one as Neko's House yes ? I just got that from another ATer..... LOVELY !

No, that is not the same as the Neko's House. I also have that one, and yes, it is lovely. But the Japanese Cat tarot is my Alexandra Mokeseioh and out of print. Just check out Tarotgarden for pictures. I saw them and fell in love. Ok, so I first got outbid by that same Tarotgarden :), but I finally did get a copy.

gregory

Ummmm.... We must have words. The one I have is COVERED with cats.... but I don't read Japanese. You know where I got it; could it be misnamed ???? I know there are other oriental decks in the lot she has, some as yet unidentifed, she said....

PS mine is the TG one listed as Cat's House..... artist unknown....