Tarot spells-which deck????

Stormdancer

I've been trying to keep up with this thread here and came up with a question.

which deck do YOU feel works best for this kind of stuff??

Stormdancer

WOW I have just amazed myself...got the whole "here" quote link thingy to work....

***taking a bow****

NOT a curtsey....LOL

olivia1

whichever one works for you. its mentioned in the thread but i dont blame you for missing it because it is quiet a large thread (and I'm mentioning its in the thread because I do not want to take credit for someone else's answer!) Also, the spell book I had said you can use whatever deck you want.

ETA: I am by no means a spell expert but I feel like I could comment on this because BOTH of my spells worked! These are the first spells I have ever done :)

Stormdancer

I just skimmed through the thread again and didn't see any references to specific decks....what am I missing???

Stormdancer

olivia1

haha, you are missing a lot! That thread is really good- a lot of great information from people who seem to know their stuff. But as far as the decks, I dont recall anyone mentioning a specific deck specifically for tarot spells. Different decks were mentioned for meditation and stuff (by Hunter, I believe) but when I asked the question, "what deck should we use specifically for tarot spells?" I was told to use whatever deck "spoke" to me. So I did.

Stormdancer

olivia1 said:
But as far as the decks, I dont recall anyone mentioning a specific deck specifically for tarot spells. Different decks were mentioned for meditation and stuff (by Hunter, I believe) but when I asked the question, "what deck should we use specifically for tarot spells?" I was told to use whatever deck "spoke" to me. So I did.

Hence the point of this thread.

I am thinking daughter of the moon, but the lack of a"masculine" bothers me...hmmmm

olivia1

stormdancer339 said:
Hence the point of this thread.

I am thinking daughter of the moon, but the lack of a"masculine" bothers me...hmmmm

sorry, i misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking which deck we feel works best for this stuff (aka for Tarot Spells). As in, which deck would we advice another person to use and NOT which deck we personally would use- sorry! Bye Bye :)

Stormdancer

Ahhh...Ma'dear....NO worries...I tried to spell 'apologies', but....hmm

let's see what this thread evokes....

stormdancer

SherryZoned

stormdancer I think it is whatever floats your boat.

cardlady22

This is probably one of those areas where you need to know
1.) what feel or area you are working
2.) how you are best triggered for focus, etc.

If you have a preferred system, say the Golden Dawn attributions, then one of those would be a good choice. Do fully illustrated scenes help you "go there" in your mind? Are you more abstract symbolic? Do you like to form your own personal associations? Might be a pip style deck would desirable. (I can tell you that if I ever get into anything like this, I will be very grateful for my widening collection of themes!)

hunter

cardlady22 said:
This is probably one of those areas where you need to know
1.) what feel or area you are working
2.) how you are best triggered for focus, etc.

After spending a couple months not buying any new decks at all, my new interest in rituals starting a buying spree.

At first I thought for the rituals, I would be happy with any size cards, but even though the cards do not need to be shuffled, I just have this thing about how cards feel in my hands. So I need my decks to be able to be trimmed to a squarish playing card size to connect with them. Think about what size and shape you like your cards to FEEL.

I like to have at least one female deck. Right now I have the Vanessa and the Goddess tarot. Sometimes I just really need a female main character on a certain card. I think men might need a special deck with more male characters.

One of my books uses a dragon deck. I think a deck without people sometimes comes in handy, but so far, I haven't needed one for what I have been working on. Or maybe one with really abstract people.

I personally like decks without borders in my spells. I almost bought the Morgan Greer after seeing it used in one of my books. I instead ended out trimming a Universal, for the smaller size. After more research I wish I had gotten the Radiant.

I've heard of people liking the DruidCraft, especially trimmed.

My rituals are sometimes about psyche issues I'm working through, so I am starting to play around with a radically trimmed Medicine Cards and trimmed Tarot of Transformation.

I read somewhere that some people cast a circle with cards. That would be highly individual which deck to use. I've used my Chakra Oracle a few times. I intend to try using my Medicine Cards.

I think a reproduction of one of the medieval decks might be useful, at times.

I hope some more experienced people post their favorites.

If it's true a deck needs to be set aside till the spell comes through, it certainly enables us to buy some new decks :)