Tea Leaf Fortune Failure?

Grizabella

Well, $8 surely can't be beat for a beautiful deck like this that's now hard to find and out of print, Manda! What a wonderful gift the Universe gave you!

I haven't worked with them yet. I'm still trying to get acquainted with them but I'm so tired from my trip that I can't seem to work up enough energy to devote myself to them. The combination of my disease, which carries a lot of fatigue with it, and getting older has really done me in. I'm down to half on my prednisone, though, and that's what brought fatigue back into the picture, I think. Anyway, later on tonight I'm going to clear off the table and try the year ahead spread to see what I get.

I can't imagine parting with mine. For one thing, they're an addition to my circular deck collection. For another even more important reason, they were made possible for me by my daughter and her partner. And I just love them in general. They're going to be easier for me than the Lenormands and Tarot, I have a feeling.

I won't part with my Lenormands, either. I don't use them and never completed the workshop but for some reason, I dearly love them. Maybe now I'll get down here to the Oracle forums more often. Is there a Tea Leaf Study Group?

Grizabella

FatesLady said:
I've decided that I probably need to sell my set. Any interest? :p

Awwww, I hope you don't really. They're so hard to get and so many people gather up all they find to put them up for sale at huge prices that you'd have a hard time getting another set if you decided later you wanted to try them again. They're so charming and quaint that I just want to keep mine.

FatesLady

Well, I still have it for now. My family is going through some hard money times, and Gypsy could only offer trades. My husband thinks that if I'm not going to read with it, I shouldn't collect it, and he's probably right. Still, I am hesitant to let it go.

missy

I sent you a PM, just in case you decide to sell them. I would be interested! :) I have an affinity for round decks and the sample images I saw looked pretty neat.

AJ

Grizabella said:
and so many people gather up all they find to put them up for sale at huge prices

do you have some examples?

Brigid

Unless of course you really really need the money, I think you should hang on to them for a while...
It might be that it's just not the right time for you to work with them.
They are getting pretty hard to find if you regret it later..

FatesLady

Yeah, that's what Griz said, also. The flip side is, should I hoard a deck I don't use when there may be some desperate hopeful out there who would love them to pieces and use them regularly? Especially when they are otherwise hard to find?

thorhammer

FatesLady said:
Yeah, that's what Griz said, also. The flip side is, should I hoard a deck I don't use when there may be some desperate hopeful out there who would love them to pieces and use them regularly? Especially when they are otherwise hard to find?
Everyone is free to open their own ISO thread :) Don't fret, I'd keep them if I were you. The right thing will come out in the end.

\m/ Kat

Grizabella

Well, maybe you could watch the Trade forum for people looking for them or maybe you could just ask the Universe to help you out---that if you're meant to keep them, you won't find a buyer, but if they're not meant for you, you will. That latter will probably actually yield the best results. Do you know how to sell on eBay? You can also list them as an Amazon seller. I've seen them listed on Amazon for around $120 and even more on eBay for a buy-it-now price.

My experience with decks has been that, if they strongly appeal to me before I get them but disappoint me once I do get them, then if I get rid of them, I regret it and want to get them back. Getting decks back isn't easy to do.

Another thought is to check profiles in your spare time. Sometimes you'll find a deck on someone's wish list and be able to make a deal.

At this point, I don't see myself letting mine go, but who knows? I've been known to change my mind. :)

I think with this deck, patience and learning to overcome the seeming contradictions is the key. For me, I think they're going to be easier to learn than Lenormand cards. I hope!

Rev_Vesta

HI as said before whe working with this deck you need to look at the words as symbology.........

They aren't literal in their sense...
A gift of Jewellery...... do not literaly mean a gift of jewellery but you have recieved a gift in some way......a gift that's a real gem... a message, a sign from the Angels.....
Travel- could be an emotional journey, a spiritual journey.......not a physical journey........

when looking at each card.... look at each meaning from another perspective, not a literal sense but a symbolic sense.....

have some fun..... keep a journal.....'
I love this deck.......

and when explaining to clients they get it

Vesta