The 10 of Cups

naiadsandthewater

...I'm not sure if I'm making this post on the right thread. I think I am, but I might've missed something while reading the rules. I apologize if that's the case, please let me know.

I have a bit of a problem with this card. I know it's a good card and a good omen to have in relationship readings, but it's also a 10 and 10s often end something, right?

So if I were to get this card on a question such as 'why didn't she respond to a message', would it mean that she thought there was nothing else to talk about but was happy with the message anyway?

I'm guilty of asking 'will they respond' questions, but I do try to refrain myself. My friend, however, doesn't and I read for her a lot and I noticed that card showed up whenever she'd tell me about a conversation with her girlfriend. She'd come to me and say 'So, look what I sent S. Cute, right? Do you think she'll respond?' and sometimes these messages didn't need a response, they're casual messages that make you smile and carry on with your day. But then we'd ask the cards and I'd read and I'd get the 10 of Cups. Up until recently I assumed that meant a big 'yes', but now I'm thinking it can also mean 'no, but she really liked it, so it's fine.'

...am I making sense or sounding silly? :p

JackofWands

I think you'll probably find more help in the "Using Tarot Cards" subforum, although you should check first and make sure you're within the posting guidelines.

I'll give this one some thought and get back to you. Off the bat, I'm inclined to say that the Tens don't represent endings so much as completion--and in that sense, yes, I can see perfectly well how the Ten of Cups could represent someone feeling like there was no need to say anything more.

Alta

This thread was moved from Talking Tarot.

Alta

Farzon

The tens also indicate an overflow of the according element. We have too much to keep it for our own. I always saw that add reason why the ten of Cups usually depict a family and the nine a single person (in RWS and clones).

According to your question it could mean a yes; the sharing of happiness/emotions. But it can also indicate that she just feels loved. It's hard to answer yes/no-questions without a special method.