The Adrian Tarot

romanticdreamz

Hi all,

I think this is in the right forum.

Anyone use The Adrian Tarot? How do you find using it and what do you think of it? I'm really curious in finding a copy but until now, all the ones I've found have been out of my price range so I thought I'd try get some opinions on the deck in the meantime.

Thanks. :eek:)

nisaba

No, but it look interesting!

However, I have little enough money, and quite enough (for now) cold, precise, intellectual decks. And not enough time.

That guy with the grapes - what card is that? It's a standout.

Le Fanu

I have this deck. I bought it a while back, thinking "that's an odd deck;I bet it'll disappear without trace one day soon!" LOL

Quite bizarre. So cold, almost inhuman. And those weird tapered feet. Im sure you know that the backs all join up to make the Lover's card.

It's a deck I'd never trade, but there is something lifeless about it. I guess I like it because I think it is a deck with computer generated art in its infancy and so looks quite clunky in an endearing way!

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I have this deck.
And the guy with the grapes? King Pentacles? Ace Pentacles? Something else?

romanticdreamz

nisaba said:
And the guy with the grapes? King Pentacles? Ace Pentacles? Something else?

I think that's the King of Disks in this deck. (I hate the term disks... but it's an exception I'm willing to make.)

I found one that isn't badly priced but it says that the instructions are in French. Which, if I've seen the correct cards which aren't in French, don't make much sense... It's a curious deck.

rwcarter

I have this deck. Yes, the guy with the grapes is the King Disks. The backs of my deck are black with a pair of white line drawings of something that vaguely looks like fancy swords. My LWB is in English cause I have the English edition of the LWB. The cards themselves have English and German titles on them.

Rodney

harleyquinn

also...

if u put the major ancarna together it makes a picture to i have to look at the instruction but it tells u in the LWB HARLEY

rwcarter

harleyquinn said:
if u put the major ancarna together it makes a picture to i have to look at the instruction but it tells u in the LWB HARLEY
I'll have to check it out tonight. Le Fanu mentioned the backs making up the Lovers card, but that's not the case with my deck. I'll have to check the LWB to see what it says about the fronts though. :)

Rodney

Le Fanu

Mine's definitely the Lover's card. I pieced it together once (or tried to) and I remember getting as far as the four feet at the base of the picture!

rwcarter

Per my LWB, the fronts of the Majors "can be laid out, like pieces in a puzzle, in the form of two cabbalistic Trees of Life. Underlying these figures there is a shadow-image - of a man in the case of the Tree of Life, of a woman in that of the Tree of Knowledge. These two are <<The Lovers>> depicted in card VI of the greater trumps."

I think it's actually cards 1-9 and 11-19, but I kinda see it.

Rodney