The Alice Tarot

AineFoley

baba-prague said:
Yes, I think he will indeed. I hope we may even be able to do a few bags before the deck comes out.

Ohhhhhh he will be so cute on a bag and I think he might be my tattoo...he's too adorable for words...

Queen of Disks

Chronata said:
Ok, I have to say, at first I was a little wary of this project.

I admit I am a bit of an Alice purist (a Wonderland Snob? :D ) and my Alice collection of books and chess sets and dolls and random stuff is really one of my favorite collections.

I wasn't quite sure after the first couple of cards I saw...but I can officially say that now, I am completely in love.

It's Alice herself that has drawn me in. Your interpretation is perfect.

I think the more I see of the Tim Burton stuff (which for some reason, really turns me off ) the more I like your deck.

I agree with you Chronata. You would think Alice in Wonderland + Tim Burton + Johnny Depp would = The Greatest Thing Ever but the movie doesn't appeal to me at all. :(

This is the first time I have posted in this thread, and I must say this deck is turning out really nice! I really like Strength (but then it has the Unicorn in it) and the Magician the best so far. :heart:

nisaba

I don't usually spend a whole lot of time in the creation sub-forum, but I can see I'm going to have to spend more time here.

Like what I see of this deck so far! <grin>

Cocobird55

Any updates on when the Alice deck is due out?

baba-prague

Any updates on when the Alice deck is due out?

2012. We basically threw away several of the cards we'd completed and started again. This is rather typical of us I suppose - we often get a certain way into a deck, think we like it all, then begin to see ways of doing the images better.

There has also been a totally unexpected development which we can't announce, but which may change some aspects of this deck (not trying to be mysterious, but if all goes ahead, then the deck may slow down a bit, but the results will be worth it... ;) )

I think, all in all, that late 2012 is what we are anticipating.

Cocobird55

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this deck.

lightpers

tribute. i'm new here, hope this deck will be finish ASAP :D

ShiroiNeko

wow!! the photomontages are incredible!! I really like the deck, but I think you shouldn't upload the images on facebook, because it would have all the copyright of them, sorry :S

baba-prague

wow!! the photomontages are incredible!! I really like the deck, but I think you shouldn't upload the images on facebook, because it would have all the copyright of them, sorry :S

Facebook does not own the copyright of images shown there. Copyright of images always stays with the authors/artists. :)

I'm so glad you like the work. It's digitally drawn as well as photomontaged (i.e. we do a lot of digital drawing on top of the underlying photographs). Interesting technique which we much enjoy doing, although it's desperately slow work.

ShiroiNeko

really? I just realized it about a month ago, because I uploaded some of my artworks there, so I'm pretty sure about it, but never mid me... xD