The Alice Tarot

victoria.star

I love Alice. I love MRP decks.
I HOPE I have the resources for this deck :)

gregory

Are they ALL going to come with a doll ? I don't actually want a doll; I wonder if that would lower the price at all... (I don't do facebook, and even if I did I already know it won't run on this connection; my daughter tried once... she was mad as all get out...)

JenWt43

I agree, gregory. I'm sure that the doll would be absolutely adorable, but I don't really want a doll, either. I have a ban on bringing such things into the house, we have too much "stuff" that sits around IMO - I would rather have a little more space.

Cocobird55

I hope there is a less expensive option, without a doll. Not sure if I will be able to afford Alice. I hope so. I just need more steady work.

EarthAngel2911

:bugeyed: Wow! I have always purchased a special edition (as well as a regular edition) of any deck that Karen and Alex have created. The only one I regretfully missed was the Russian Victorian Romantic.

And I believe that the prices for these special decks have always been around the $50 mark, and with smaller runs. I'm a little surprised if the price is going to be this high for one of the special edition decks, and disappointed because it will mean that I'll have to pass it by. :( (I would have used a crying face if they had one. waaaaaaaaaaa)

EarthAngel2911

Ok, the shock has worn off, and I found the post on Alice Tarot's Facebook page that explains the printing problems they've had in the past and their reasons for not doing a mass-market printing. (And when I stretch my aging memory, I do remember all the troubles!) Yes, the price is almost 3 times what it has been in the past, but I wouldn't be honest if I said I've never spent this much on a deck.

At least I have advance warning to begin saving up! :)

gregory

I just don't want to be paying that kind of extra for a doll.... I'd rather have the option NOT to have things like that. Does anyone know if the doll is "obligatory"? Nina ???

I guess I could always give it to roppo })

Nina*

I just don't want to be paying that kind of extra for a doll.... I'd rather have the option NOT to have things like that. Does anyone know if the doll is "obligatory"? Nina ???
I don't think a doll is intended to be part of the ''package''.
The price is due to all their problems with printers plus the fact that they've spent many years on creating these images. And it will be a limited run (2000).

Pre-order price should be €95.

I think it's absolutely fair although some will of course have problems finding that kind of money. But it IS art and they really have spent so much time on this. Also... we all know that within months (weeks... days...) they will sell for much more on eBay and as it has been until now only THOSE sellers get the big profit, which isn't fair.