The All Things "Baba" Thread

greatdane

Exciting

Can't wait for the bigger February sale Karen mentioned this morning on the BABA SALE thread! Going to have my finger ready to click on any slings I want (GD practicing how fast she can click, so will be ready).

Le Fanu

Does anyone else have the baba RWS bags? I love them so much, and never hear anyone mention them!

I have one (The Moon) for my older, grubby RWS and another one on the way (The Star & Strength). Honour of honours, my Pamela B is going to live in the Strength one as the original box I have for it is really rather tatty (after having just celebrated its 100th birthday).

Oh & I just ordered the Waterhouse Destiny bag (with shaggy, plush velvet) for my VR. It was in a baba brocaded Liberty bag but I think it's the BBC's turn to be bagged for a while and I can't leave the VR getting chilly.

AineFoley

Yes I have the RWS Star, Magician, Empress, Moon and Hanged Man bags - I also ordered the Strength but there must have been a mix up because I got the Bogo Strength instead - I decided I liked it more so didn't bother exchanging it! :)

My various RWS decks are in them - I usually leave the decks in their boxes unless they're too big and put them into the baba bags - they are very roomy bags!

Le Fanu

AineFoley said:
Yes I have the RWS Star, Magician, Empress, Moon and Hanged Man bags - I also ordered the Strength but there must have been a mix up because I got the Bogo Strength instead - I decided I liked it more so didn't bother exchanging it!
:bugeyed: more than me!!

It's funny if you order things by mistake at baba store; you just can't bring yourself to return them (I know of no other store like this!). It happened to me. I ordered the Fairy Hunt for my Fairytale but I got mixed up and I ordered Fairy Troop instead, but it's so right for the deck I just kept it!

AineFoley

Le Fanu said:
:bugeyed: more than me!!

It's funny if you order things by mistake at baba store; you just can't bring yourself to return them (I know of no other store like this!). It happened to me. I ordered the Fairy Hunt for my Fairytale but I got mixed up and I ordered Fairy Troop instead, but it's so right for the deck I just kept it!

I know! My reasoning is that I'll probably buy it at some point so no need to send it back! :D

I have a large wicker basket where I keep my tarot decks in their baba bags on display - it's so pretty! I love how I know which deck is which just by the bag it's in. I'm going to have to buy more baskets though!

OctoberGwen

AineFoley said:
I have a large wicker basket where I keep my tarot decks in their baba bags on display - it's so pretty!

What a great idea!! Why didn't I think of that? I even have some nice baskets on hand I can use... :D

greatdane

WIcker Basket? What a GREAT idea!

You're so right, O.G.! Aine, fabulous way to show off your decks! I have been thinking of what I want to do with my meager collection of decks and the basket seems a great way to show off *BABA* treasures!

GadgetGirl

What a fabulous idea Aine!! I love this. And you can get such pretty lined baskets now. (In fact I think I may have an unused basket here somewhere that I could line myself).

Just like GD said it would be a wonderful way of showcasing those Baba Bags.

GadgetGirl

I don't have any of the RWS ones..... YET. But they're in the WishList which I make good use of. ;)

AineFoley

Well the only problem with the basket is that I have a friend who keeps threatening to run off with it and my decks/bags! ;) But it really is very attractive and wicker baskets are so cheap.