The Artifact Tarot

blackroseivy

...from my deck. (Just finished it.)

Attachments

• tofcathehermit.jpg
    tofcathehermit.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 280

temperlyne

I love the solitary feeling of this one. May I ask what the symbols at the botton represent?

blackroseivy

Sure, that's Ogham writing. It has the Scots Gaelic for "Hermit" - `Onaran. For each card I'm doing, I'm putting in the Ogham in Gaelic terms.

I'm thinking of reposting the entire deck so that people can see it. I have to redo the "High Priestess", otherwise I have 10 cards done so far.

Glad you like it!

blackroseivy

So that people can find it, here is the entire thing so far:

Attachments

• tofcafooljpg.jpg
    tofcafooljpg.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 240
  • tofcathemage.jpg
    tofcathemage.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 221
  • tofcathechieftainness.jpg
    tofcathechieftainness.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 223
  • tofcathechieftain.jpg
    tofcathechieftain.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 228
  • tofcathedruid.jpg
    tofcathedruid.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 221

blackroseivy

Some more:

(I'll come back later with the translations for the Ogham.)

(Edited, improved Lovers.)

Attachments

• tofcathechariot.jpg
    tofcathechariot.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 217
  • tofcastrength.jpg
    tofcastrength.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 228
  • tofcathehermit.jpg
    tofcathehermit.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 216
  • tofcathewofcups.jpg
    tofcathewofcups.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 223
  • tofcathelovers.jpg
    tofcathelovers.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 213

Rosanne

Your 'Hermit'

I have kept gong back to your card for another look, before posting my reply.
I like this card and heres my garbled view. Normally I don't like frames around cards; this is the second one I have seen that the frame is very appropriate for me. It forms a window into the past and is focussing for visualisation. I like the colours, in a sense a real landscape for me to look through to. Your Hermit portrays a sense of aloneness. I tried my visualisation via the screen, but it really did'nt work too well, but heres my impressions- Oneran looks slightly shy and quizzical (I don't know his History?) and a little defensive. I get the sense he is half turning. I have two questions. 1. Why is the path blocked to the mountain? 2. Is he in folklore or legend awaiting a question?
Congratulations I think it is a great work. Regards Rosanne

blackroseivy

I feel that the Rath is a home he is leaving to pursue a solitary path; this little statuette is a wooden one from the Seine (I believe); he is a votive statue of a pilgrim. This pilgrim is on a journey - I see him walking *away from*, rather than *toward*, the Rath & the background.