The Astral seeks to deceive?

Starshower

Re. seedcake's post.

Hi, seedcake. I've been reading this thread with interest and found your post especially interesting! As a child brought up intellectual but Christian, I was taught that angels were not beings in their own right but created as messengers of God, with no will of their own. (From Latin 'angelo' - 'I announce'.) So their appearance accompanied & signalled messages from God.
BUT this raised for me a huge difficulty with the whole story of the Fall and sin. How could Lucifer - one of the 4 archangels and the Light-Bearer himself - decide to appropriate God's Light for himself and 'fall' ... proceeding to deceive humanity, if angels & archangels did not have have the capacity for making decisions and being moral creatures? It seems contradictory.

Your post about angels being mouthpieces of Allah in Islam tallies with what we English protestants were taught.

And I was also taught that Lucifer, the evening & morning star, (or Venus!) was NOT 'Satan' - the latter being a personification of Saturn, with all its astrological meanings of restriction, structure, boundary setting, definition etc, which are necessary in the world but can be seen as both 'good' and 'bad', depending on circumstances and people's wishes.

So, like you, I would think it is the djinns / fae / fair-folk or faeries / Little People ('other crowd' in Ireland) which do have their own will and agenda ... sometimes need to be propitiated ... and can deceive us.

I know the GD believed in elemental spirits and I think genii loci too, and I think fairies, gnomes, sylphs etc ... though how these could be lumped together as 'the astral', I don't know.
What do you think the 'astral' means? Is it the Otherworld(s) that interpenetrate with our apparent world? So could the quotation be a warning to beware of being misled by these beings who are not human and have their own agendas?