The Chrysalis Tarot (New Upcoming U.S. Games deck)

Holly doll

OOoohhhh how beautiful!!! :love:

*claps hands & bounces on seat excitedly*

I want one... NOW!!!

Will the wonderful creator be signing copies...?

Libra 58

I love it! I must have one too!

Toney

OOoohhhh how beautiful!!! :love:

*claps hands & bounces on seat excitedly*

I want one... NOW!!!

Will the wonderful creator be signing copies...?

Holly Sierra is the Chrysalis Tarot artist. When the deck is published May 10, Holly will offer a package on her beautiful Etsy site that includes a signed copy of Chrysalis Tarot, a print of your choice and a satin drawstring pouch. You can email your interest and details to Holly at HollySierra@yahoo.com and she will notify you when they're ready to order.

Meanwhile, a virtual visit to Holly's "charming" Etsy shop is like a trip to the candy store (see the attached art):
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HollySierraArt?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav

Thanks for your question, Holly Doll!
(Note: The image linked below is NOT from Chrysalis Tarot. It's another of Holly's Etsy Shop pieces.)

Attachments

• Charmed.jpg
    Charmed.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 119

HollySierra

Chrysalis Tarot

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback about my art. While I must confess, I have never seen Chesca Potter's art (and I own a lot of tarot decks!) I did put her name in google image search and had a look around. Beautiful. When it comes to deck artists though, I admire Will Worthington's painting and approach above all. (Druid Animal Oracle and Druid Plant Oracle)

I quite like it and feel perhaps I shouldn't. LOL It is a bit New Agey. Looks quite unconventional in its renaming. But that Moon card is wonderful.

ETA; after seeing the Minors I have a feeling it is slightly Greenwood influenced. That 7 of Spirals, the Celtic Owl, Herne the Hunter, Greenman, Storyteller. The artist has seen and loved Chesca Potter's art.

Toney

Alchemy - The Essence of Tarot

Here's a link to the latest Chrysalis Tarot blog.

Excerpt: "The essence of tarot, lenormand and all other forms of divination is the same. It is the Great Work of alchemy. The First Matter in alchemy, or prima materia, is the celestial fire of eternal Oneness. Its chaotic energy has been symbolized by many things over the years. Among these are The Philosopher's Stone, The Serpent, The Dragon, and even fiery, burning water. A more modern take on Fiery Burning Water is your consciousness evolving to Higher Self..."

http://www.chrysalistarot.com/2014/03/alchemy-essence-of-tarot.html

Thank you.

rylla

I like it too. And it can be pre-ordered on Amazon. Great!

greatdane

Wonderful blog, Toney!

Gives me something great to read while I'm waiting for the deck and lwb :)).

GryffinSong

This deck is truly lovely, and at such a reasonable price I might even break my tarot-app-only spending rule. :)

greatdane

Oh I think we must have this in the "flesh", um, or paper, GryffinSong :)

OK, I admit I just use actual decks, but really, doesn't this just seem like a deck that should be held in your hands? This is one of the most novel decks I've seen come along in awhile. There are MANY gorgeous decks out there, but this one is like known I've seen. This is a definite must have for me.

RunningWild

I do like the looks of this one and it doesn't bother me one bit about the suit name changes.
But (there's always one, isn't there) I'll pass if I find the colors aren't as rich as I'm seeing in the online images. I realize there's going to be a difference between the online images and the real deal, however, sometimes it's just too much of a difference and the deck loses its appeal to me.